2014 Quarterback Class

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Tennessy XO, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Ensconatus

Ensconatus Losing faith...

Mett doesn't like to be moved off his spot though. That's the difference. He has to learn to create from the pocket.
  2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Haven't watched him play much, but obviously he has to be able to move around in the pocket.
  3. Ensconatus

I'm pulling for the kid. I like his ability from the pocket. Stands tall, very sharp. Still coachable.
  4. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I hear you. My only concern is that he was dismissed from Georgia due to some off field stupidity, but hopefully he got that fixed (though LSU isn't exactly known for great character players...)
  5. RTH

RTH Meh...

Unfortunately, we don't get to include Steve Young and Brett Favre in that mix. Steve Young began as a scrambler/runner and Favre... hell, didn't know what he was going to do half the time with his legs! :D
  6. Renfro95

Renfro95 Starter

Big Ben isn't neccessarily a statue either. Neither is Rogers. Plenty of "mobile "QBs have won or competed. Now what are peoples definition of mobile?
    • High Five High Five x 1
  7. Ensconatus

I think the difference is how often they start running.

Rodgers uses it as an ace in the hole. Ben used it much more when he was younger, now he just scrambles to create time.

Compare that to McNair, rg3, Vick, locker, who all need that running style to compete
  8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Manziel, Mariota, Hundley, etc.
  9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Just because they're pocket QBs doesn't make them statues. Mett has some of the heaviest feet I've seen from a QB, he's a good player but I wouldn't compare him to some of the greats in the NFL just because they don't run. Manning is brilliant, Brady is a great pure passer, etc etc.
  10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

There is a reason why Mett was sacked 4 straight times against Bama...