2014 Quarterback Class

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by XO, Jun 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

No way Hundley falls into the second round; he has way to much upside. The only reason he isn't being talked about is because he is a Sophomore but he is in the running for #1 overall in 2015

2. Renfro95

Renfro95 Starter

I see an athlete with an impressive arm. Threw comeback from far hash a couple times last night with ease. Aside from that, I haven't seen enough to judge. Not that my judgement matters, but if he can make that throw, he can make them all

3. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

I'd rather not take another developmental guy tbh. I'm moving away from any prospect that has inconsistency with accuracy.

4. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

Well if he could be a potential #1 overall pick next year and he decides to come out, maybe we should snag him in the 1st. We'll probably be picking around 16-10. We're never in position to take a #1 like QB, but maybe here we would be.

Keep in mind that the only thing holding Locker back from being our franchise QB is his durability. If Hundley is like a clone of Locker but more durable, then we're set.

5. Clark

I'm going to bring us back to reality with locker.

He's still in development. His needed offense scheme is very vanilla and it's based on his ability to sling the ball fast to the dig route. Looking at Hundley, I don't see the fast ball locker possesses. Locker is in the top tier of that category.

Locker also has issues hitting slants and horizontal/crossing routes. That's not something I want to move forward with.

Hundley still has time to grow but the longer I've done this, the more experience I've gotten to see that inaccuracies and inconsistencies are hard to break at this level.

I've recently become a huge Mettenberger fan. Pocket passer, uses the entire field. Throws lasers. Stands tall in the pocket. Really coming into his own this season. Second QB off the board. Bridewaters game is more intuitive and hits spots with deadly accuracy. More mobile. Mettenberger... The more I watch him is Tom Brady. From the PA fakes to the way he throws the ball, shoulders, movement... Everything. Consistent. While I doubt we have the chance to get him, he would be my choice.

I'll go to work on Hundley as well, I'll make sure I'm not missing something. However, inconsistent makes me shy from him.

6. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

I'm reading all these posts about how the QB position is absolutely essential for a winning team (which I agree with), yet a lot of you are talking about taking a QB in the 3rd or later? Contradiction? If I place that much value on a QB then I go get a QB in the 1st, or 2nd if I am absolutely confident they will fall to me in the 2nd. Anything beyond 2nd round is just second guessing yourself about the whole QB notion.

7. Clark

Yea we have to take one in the first two rounds. Or even trade back up into the first to grab the guy we think is slipping.

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Only thing that scares me about Mett is he's not athletic at all and a pass rush will kill him. Put pressure on him and he folds. He refuses to leave the pocket.

9. Clark

Yea he's a statue type. You can develop an offense based on quick stuff for him

10. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Doesn't bother me at all. Name a mobile quarterback to win the Superbowl since Elway.... and I'm not even sure I'd consider him mobile by today's standards. The guys who win Superbowls are "statue type" like Manning(s), Brady, Brees, Warner, etc.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar