2014 Quarterback Class

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by XO, Jun 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

Jimmy Garoppolo

He is a legitimate NFL draft prospect now, comes from the same school as Tony Romo did. Has his team ranked #2 in the FCS with his only loss coming from a undefeated Northern Illinois team.

He stands at 6'3 223lbs has a fast delivery, strong mechanics, and a big arm. Be worth the shot in the later rounds to push Locker, if Locker can't make it through next season Garoppolo would have a year in the NFL and probably some experience due to injuries at the position.

http://www.csnchicago.com/bears/best-qb-youve-never-heard-garoppolo-making-his-mark-eastern-illinois

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...-jimmy-garoppolo-has-35-td-passes-this-season

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...o-gaining-attention-with-his-passing-exploits

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I'm a big fan, but when you watch him you see a lot of Locker. Similar size, speed and accuracy that comes and goes.

His offensive line has been terrible this season, but he sees the rush a lot. When he runs he drops his eyes looking to pick up yards immediately rather than trying to go down field.

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I don't want anyone with accuracy issues, not anymore......

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

He completes over 66% of his passes, but he goes through a stretch in every game where he's just off. The beginning of the Nebraska game he couldn't hit the ocean if he fell out of a boat, but then he got hot and couldn't miss the next three quarters.

He's just a RS sophomore, so improvement should be expected. I still think he could use another year in school.

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

haha, i've partied with him before. Cool dude. I've only seem him play once however, and I don't remember much of the game... :beerbang:

6. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Jacked my swag smh

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Renfro95

Renfro95 Starter

Every draft prospect looks like a 1st round pick to the untrained eye on youtube. Just saying. I haven't seen enough of Hundley to say what he is. Personally, if I were forced to pick a QB, I would take Murray. He has played the best competition at a high level for a long time now. He is a senior and plays in a more pro style offense and has for his entire college career. He has competed against the best defenses that college ball has to offer and is ready to compete day 1 IMO.

8. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

That's why you start with the greats. Watch them. Study them. Understand WHY they succeed. Then take those traits and use them as comparison tool. This isn't some secret knowledge. Also looking at the tendencies of a prospect happens naturally.

4 major points to look at with a QB.

1. Pocket presence
    2. Good feet/Technique (watch where he holds the ball naturally as well as release point, sloppy feet or a technique master a la P. Manning?
    3. Accuracy considering depth and speed of ball to the far hash
    4. And most importantly the ability to raise the talent level of the team. Can he/does he elevate the team?

Also, it's an art. There is NO science you can apply to it. You can calculate all you want but stats and %'s don't correlate to success at the next level.

9. TBaker34

TBaker34 Starter

I think a big part of that Nebraska game was because it was the first game since their teammate died

10. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

maybe he was just on this boat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar