2014 NHL Playoffs

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by The Hammer, Apr 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TBaker34

TBaker34 Starter

Game 2 was the first full hockey game I have ever watched. Was very surprised, really exciting and a lot more fun than I expected. I always thought watching hockey would be boring and that you couldnt ever see the puck but I was very wrong. Now to pick a team to follow and I'm planning on going to a game live this upcoming season

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Live game is something else. You really get respect for the speed of the game when you see it live.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. TBaker34

TBaker34 Starter

That's another thing I guess I was just always ignorant to, because there isn't hockey down here by the beach in north Carolina, but how fast these guys are.

4. The Hammer

Combination of being able to go faster on skates and the fact guys only play about a minute at a time before switching up keeps it really fast. Keep in mind though NHL playoff hockey is generally significantly superior to regular season hockey.

5. TBaker34

TBaker34 Starter

Im sure it is since it is that way with most sports but from what I had in my head about hockey to what I watched. Im sure regular season hockey is still a lot better than what I have always thought

6. The Hammer

Too bad you just started now. You missed the Olympics. Very few sports have tournaments like that. Where you get the top guys in the world, on what are basically all star teams, giving it their all. It is so intense. Putin was at all the Russia games and looked like he was going to kill himself when they were knocked out.

7. TBaker34

TBaker34 Starter

I feel stupid for not giving hockey a chance for so long. When I go to a Titans game this year I'm gonna try to make it to a Preds game as well

8. The Hammer

If you have a small league team near you may be even worth checking out.

9. TBaker34

TBaker34 Starter

Im pretty sure the closest team to me of any kind is the hurricanes. They are 3 hours away. So I will probably go there also

10. TBaker34

TBaker34 Starter

Im clueless on most of the rule also. No idea why sometimes it is icing and sometimes its not and what is offsides.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar