2014 NFL Free Agency Discussion

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Mar 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Depends on what we do in free agency.

If we don't get a starting RT, I'm thinking we need Matthews.

If we don't get a starting MLB, I'm thinking we need Mosley.

If we get a MLB & RT, I'm thinking Nix, Donald, & Barr are in play.

2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Mathews at 11 might not be possible.

Mosley at 11 is too soon. Trade down if any chance.

Donald... Yes but scheme idk

Barr.... Sigh

Nix yes. I believe 11 is too soon for him as well but I wouldn't complain. Possible to move back 4-5 spots and if we lose out on nix Mosley or Barr could still be around.

3. xpmar9x

Exactly. My dream would be to sign a starting level RT and Karlos Dansby. This allows us alot of flexibility in the draft. We're able to trade back (i'd say late teens) and pickup an additional 2nd or 3rd. We then take Mosley, Donald, or Nix w/ our late-teen pick, Hyde in the 2nd, and then have another wild-card pick w/ our addt'l 2nd or 3rd (CB, MLB, DE, NT, OLB would all make sense with this pick).

4. xhrr

xhrr Starter

That stuff must be potent, pass it over here.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

Ideal signings. Dansby, Thurmond, Arthur jones, Michael Oher, and Darren Sproles. Let's us do almost anything in the draft, doubt we get all 5, but if we can get most, gives us a lot to work with.

With signings of d will and Leon or Marc of course

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I'm not sure what to expect this free agency but hope we address RT now instead of the draft and I'm hoping we bring in Sproles and Dansby, Sproles because I love the dynamic he would bring to this offense and Dansby because he's a good player who is familiar with this defense.

7. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

If we sign Oher, Spikes, and Dansby in FA that would really free us up in the draft to go BPA. We will have enough cap room to sign a big OT who will command big money, but according to Wyatt it's almost like the Titans are going to "pick their spots." He even came out and said he didn't see them spending big money on an OT, which to me I'd almost rather have a proven guy at that position than a rookie. We will already have 2, 2nd year players on the o-line and to add a rookie to the position group might be going a little too young.

8. xpmar9x

I can't see us getting Oher, Spikes and Dansby - I could see Oher and Dansby though.

I would love Louis Nix, If we land a starting level MLB or RT. He's that big gap eater we need in the middle, then pair with Pito & Casey on the outsides. Danbsy in the middle on the 2nd level. If we don't get a MLB or RT, take Nix in the 1st then MLB/RT in the 2nd. If we get MLB/RT in FA, Nix in the 1st, RB/OLB in the 2nd.

However, Louis Nix is slowly becoming the guy I want.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

xpmar9x you sad today? Your buddy Hoomanwhateverthehellhisnameis re-sign with the Pats

10. xpmar9x

Lifes not fair. :hang:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar