2014 NFL Free Agency Discussion

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Mar 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

That's crazy! I figured he would get a lot more than. He gave the Bills a discount.

2. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Maybe he saw it as his best shot to stick it to the Pats twice a year.

3. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

Seems like everyone has question marks about Spikes or he would have gotten a better deal somewhere.
    Now, I think we are 1-2 signings away from being done until the draft. These last two signings could come anywhere in the next month. I expect a WR and a maybe OL depth/DL depth. I think we need secondary help, but thatll come from the draft it seems like. Assuming we resign Chris Spencer and say Nate Burlason, I am hoping for a draft like:
    1. Anthony Barr
    2. Carlos Hyde
    4. Aaron Murray
    5. Best CB/MLB- maybe Zumwalt or Skov
    6. O-line depth
    7. Vinnie Sunseri

4. THE_TITAN

THE_TITAN Starter

Pat Sims still on the market? Snap him up ASAP.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I wish we could've gotten the raji and spikes deals even if they each cost us an extra million.

One noticeable thing is that it seems whis (or front office) isn't interested in these one year deals, want guys that will be around a couple years at least

6. THE_TITAN

THE_TITAN Starter

Anthony Spencer anyone? Low cost guy coming off injury has had success in the 3-4.

7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I don't feel like this post deserves its own thread, but for ****s sake.

I feel that everyone forgot the kind of coaching staff we brought in. If this free agency occurred last year, some of you would have a point, but it didn't.

Coach Wiz revitalized Warner's and Rivers career. Made Woodhead into a solid threat out of the backfield and got another good season out of an aging Gates. Horton has been one of the better defensive coordinators in the league for a few years now. These guys, are going to make our team better overall than they were with Munch. If Munch and crew could float around .500 for his time here. Wiz and Co. will probably do much MUCH better.

CJ doesn't fit the Wiz system, and we have no need to really go after any receiver help. Verner probably would have fit in well in Horton's system, but we just missed him, that sucks but oh well. We certainly went after every ILB prospect we could have, as well as some OLBs we couldn't bring in, but then you clowns have the ****ing nerve to complain about over paying for the guys we DO bring in? These guys are hitting their prime, were as the other prospects everyone got their tiny dicks hard for are 31+. Over paying for guys coming off a single good year over 30 is how you ruin your cap situation.

Stop being a bunch of whiney ****ing skanks and understand that our coaching staff is much more likely to get better production out of guys like Ayers, Griffin, Morgan, and the like than anything Munch ever did. CJ wouldn't work in Wiz's system, and I would bet more than anything that McCluster is going to produce better than Woodhead because he is a FAR better athlete.

In short, I cannot wait to see what guys like Ayers, Wright, McCluster, and Griffin are going to do in this system. If you don't understand or see this, frankly you can go **** yourselves and play Madden.

• High Five High Five x 11
  8. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Don't sugar coat it though, next time tell 'em like it is.

9. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Give it up man, some of these folks are beyond reasoning with.

10. 615nick

615nick Starter

The onky thing you had wrong here is where you said whiz will "probably" do much better with these players. He will without a doubt do better with these players. Next time you rant don't hold back so much.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar