2014 NFL Free Agency Discussion

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Mar 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Stewart is done, he's in a voidable year, so you are good with his name being listed. The others are all guesses really. Wiembley would leave over $5M in dead money, you want to cut him so you can save not even $2M? C.J. is a safe bet too but he's still rehabbing I believe. can't cut him while he's rehabbing.

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I said they were all on the bubble. The only ones I see getting cut are CJ2K and Stewart.

In my OP, I said that "We can also re-work Kamerion Wimbleys deal to reduce his cap hit by $1-2 million". So that's what I want to do, having $5M dead money would be worthless. I'd rather restructure his deal to reduce the cap hit, while getting to keep him in the 3-4 (which he belongs in anyways). You sold me on keeping Kamerion with the PFF stats in another posts.

Cut CJ. Cut Stevens. That's basically $11.6 mil in additional spending. Rework Wimbley to free up another $1-2 mil. Plenty of cash for rookies, a free agent RT, and a free agent ILB. Which, I put as our #1 and #2 free agent needs.

3. JCBRAVE

I'd like to keep Wimbley but he needs to restructure. Maybe Nate Washington is willing to restructure also...

4. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

Cap Hit CJ 2014 is $10M. Of those $10M. He is owed $2M signing bonus for 2014 and $2M for 2015. Therefore if you cut him now you free up $6M in cap space. The $4M still owed in signing bonuses is dead money. Designate him a June 1 cut and $2M of the $4M dead money will be returned on June 1 and will count towards the 2015 cap.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. xpmar9x

We could probably get Nate, Griffin, and Wimbley to all restructure. Normally they just pay out a bonus to them, which will reduce their cap hit --- if I understand it correctly. Normally the players lose a little bit of money, but they get more money upfront. It's a win-win.

6. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

Jim Wyatt just tweeted out that we have we have a bit over 10 in cap space. Add the 11 for Stewart and CJ. 21 is pretty solid space. Plus, re work/cut Wimbley, Stevens, Fokue, and Bailey. We look at around 25 millions. That's plenty for Rookies, Dansby, RT and one other player. Maybe a CB, DL or Sproles

7. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

They need to cut Stewart, CJ & Stevens asap man.

FA Note: Michael Johnson is headed to the Bucs I see.

8. xpmar9x

I'm thinking if we cut Stewart and CJ, rework Griffin & Wimbley - we should have about 25 mil worth of space. I think Stevens is a real possibility of being cut as well.

$25 mil is plenty of money. Without a 3rd, our rookie contracts will be about ~$1 mil less. We can sign Dansby @ $7mil/yr, RT (Austin Howard?) at $3mil/yr, Rookies around $5mil. That leaves another $10 mil in spending. Likely used to resign a couple players or pick up some depth. Don't want to spend it all, but could pickup 3-4 addt'l $1mil/yr contracts.

9. xpmar9x

Everything i've seen shows the Titans with $5.8 mil in cap room - so idk where Wyatt is getting his #s.

10. JCBRAVE

There are several discrepancies being put out there. Ive seen so many figures IDK which is right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar