2014 NFL Free Agency Discussion

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Mar 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

The rumor was Dansby was offer 2y/14mil by the Cards and declined. Karlos said he'd bring back any offer for the Cardinals to match.

2. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

Yes. Not for Horton though.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Well at least we have a connection. Not that it worked for D'Qwell.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

That would be a very nice combo to have but can't see us spending that much money on ILB in one off season, also, isn't Brown going to be an ILB?

5. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I'm starting to want Spikes over Dansby. I know that Dansby is the more well rounded player and probably the over all better player but Spikes brings that run stuffing skill set we desperately need. He's also played ILB in the 3-4 and 4-3 befoe. I get the feeling he'll be a cheaper option than Dansby and on top of it all the kid is just 26 years old so he should improve as he enters his prime. I think we need a long term solution not a rental, though I wouldn't exactly throw a fit if we get Dansby.

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

This is the first I'm hearing about Zach Brown playing inside. That sounds horrible. Hope that's not true.

7. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Dansby just offers soooo much more than Spikes. He is not a liablity in pass coverage as evidenced by his 19 pass defenses and 4 INTs last yr. He also has shown the ability to get after the QB as well. While Spikes has 1 sack his whole career. I think Spikes would be a fine addition if you are looking for a pure run stuffer and know that he isn't going to play a ton of downs because of his limitations. I'm looking to get the QB of the defense who will be on the field the whole game. Dansby is that guy.

If we want him then we are going to have to overpay for him. Sounds like Cleveland is wanting Dansby as well. I can't imagine choosing to go play in Cleveland if you had other options.

8. xpmar9x

Cleveland has to seriously pay free agents to lure them there. I doubt he goes to CLE.

9. Gridiron Gun

Gridiron Gun Starter

Why would that be horrible? He's fast, can cover and tackles well. Looks a lot like Patrick Willis for the 49s (though he doesn't tackle THAT well, but you get the idea). Now if we had a big guy next to him that stuffs the run (like Spikes), I would feel much better about our linebacking core going into this season.

10. xpmar9x

Looks like Revis is set to get cut before Wed @ 4. This is mostly due to Revis making extreme money, not due to play. Revis is still a great player, but it's hard to argue paying him $96 million. I wonder what he'll fetch on the open market. The fact is he's 28. People think Darrelle Revis had a down year, well his +18.2 ProFootballFocus grade in 2013 led all CBs.

What would you guys pay Revis? I'd be more willing to give him $8mil/yr than Verner.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...ut-darrelle-revis-if-no-trading-partner-found

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar