2014 NFL Free Agency Discussion

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Mar 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

I'm really hoping Casey lands into a position and excels tho. Would be nice to retain him this coming season if he fits well.

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Yeah I know you are smart enough about contract stuff not to post something like that. But I bet others legitimately believe it.

3. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I agree. Dansby is the one guy that I would be willing to sign day 1 of free agency and thus overpay. I know he is getting older and will slow down some, but last yr he was an animal. 122 tackles, 6.5 sacks, 19 pass defenses and 4 INT. I love that number of pass defenses.

I am also willing to overpay for an ILBer because of the lack of depth that we have.

Get our QB on defense in FA.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

This is exactly where I stand. Get our "QB of the defense" in free agency. RT starter and 34 OLB/CB depth on the back burner for potential "bargains".

Draft if we get a MLB and RT in FA:
    1st Rd - BPA of OLB/NT/DE/CB
    2nd Rd - Hyde
    4th Rd - BPA of QB/OLB/NT/DE/CB

Draft if we don't get a RT in FA:
    1st Rd: BPA of OLB/NT/DE/CB
    2nd Rd: Hyde or RT
    4th Rd: RB or RT

5. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I don't even spend a 2nd rnder on a RB because I think their will be better value on the board at another position. Whatever RB we get will split carries with Greene and usually rookies don't make it on the field for passing downs because of their lack of pass protection skills. I think we will need to use that 2nd rnd pick on the defensive side of the ball as well.

6. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

Dansby and Michel Oher. Day one of FA. I think Oher is the perfect pickup. Not a guaranteed starter, but still has potential. Maybe a hometown discount for the blindside kid. A lot of people in the FO like Stingley, should be a solid battle for the starting RT job. Then sign a vet corner(Thurmond) that can play nickel/outside, DL and possible Sproles/ skat back for deals after a few days.

7. xpmar9x

I wouldn't be upset if we waited until the 4th for a RB, depending on who we take in the 2nd.

8. xpmar9x

For example ---

Free agency:
    Karlos Dansby
    Starting level RT (I like Austin Howard)
    Vet CB for 2nd/3rd string

Draft:
    1st: Louis Nix (trade back to late teens, pickup 2nd)
    2nd: Jimmy Garopollo, QB, EIU
    2nd: Kyle Van Noy, OLB, BYU
    4th: Runningback

Would be THRILLED with that off-season

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

Yeah. Free Agency does make me have to poop. :)

10. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

"Hang in there" when he has a emoji of a dude hanging himself. Lol. Not sure if it was intentional, but I got a good chuckle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar