2014 NFL Draft Prospects

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Apr 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Browns
    Texans
    Jaguars
    Vikings
    Cardinals

Those are the only teams that will only be going for a QB in the first 2 rounds in my opinion..

xpmar9x - You don't have to worry about someone stealing your Derek Carr in the 1st round, trust me.. Carr can be test drove in the 2nd round.

2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

If we miss out on a franchise QB, due to other needs, we need to seriously take a look at Kenny Guiton in the late rounds.. This dude can be a steal in the right system..

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Here's the problem with that: All the players say that Locker is the captain & he's the leader of this team, right? When your leader is not even on the field (& healthy), what kind of impression does that leave the team? Confusion of power.

It's not a bad thing and I could see Locker sticking around, but that worries me.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

DAMN YOU. YOU STOLE MY THUNDER.

Guiton was going to be my sleeper come draft time.

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Well he sounds good according to OSU website:

Ohio State Overview: Kenny Guiton is a senior leader on this football team ... he leads in the classroom, weight room, film room, locker room and on the playing field ... and like Michael Jordan, who always could finish on the break, Guiton is a finisher for the Buckeyes

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/kenny_guiton_813484.html

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I'll go ahead and say it. How about Josh Freeman? It was a no-win situation in Minnesota when he started. He was there two weeks and threw the ball 50 times in the game he played. I don't doubt someone from higher up demanded that he play given the amount of money they just spent on him.

Bring him in to compete. That's all he's going to get on the open market. No one is going to bring him in to be their starter from day one. Compete with a guy who hasn't stayed healthy and has been up and down when he's been on the field. It would be a good opportunity for him.

It won't happen if the current staff is still here because they want to be right about Locker, but I could see it if a change is made.

7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

So few first round bust reclamation projects ever work out when it comes to QB. And when they do they are never anything more than average. Like Trent Dilfer.

8. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I'm all for bringing in anyone who can compete for a starting job. If that's Freeman, then so be it. I don't think Freeman is damaged goods as of yet, but he's pretty damn close to it.

My scenario would be to just draft a QB in the 2nd round, or quite possibly the 1st (depending on who is there) but honestly I want a 2nd round QB. Drafting a QB in the first will be the end of the Locker era (which I'm cool with) but drafting a QB in the 2nd would put some big time pressure on Locker to perform and stay healthy. Worse case scenario would put us in the same situation as the Redskins with RG3/Cousins..

9. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

Bringing a new guy into the conversation, I'm in love with Chris Borland, the MLB from Wisconsin. I may be biased, but this kid is in on every play and has led the team in tackles every year he has started. (3 years?). He is a finalist for the Butkis award and is one of the best defensive players in the country. I've watched about 5 games this year and he's impressed me in every one. He never disappeares and is known for his work ethic and film study.

10. Renfro95

Renfro95 Starter

I
    I see the concern. Think about it though. The Locker room is a pretty important place to garner that title. You cut him, isnt it likely that you have the backlash from the guys in the locker room? Obviously Jakes injury concerns havent affected the locker rooms view of him, at least not openly. The guys still believe in Jake and that is a big deal. We are in a sticky situation were you almost have to draft a QB in one of the first 3 rounds because that seed is planted that Jake cant stay healthy. I dont think there is a struggle for power at all if that happens. The guys say its Jake, then its Jake.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar