2014 NFL Draft Prospects

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Apr 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

And I like Frank Zappa.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Only way is if we finish at like #13 and Carr is still there, then I could see us saying bye bye Locker. Especially if we have a new head coach. However, with the amount of teams that need a QB - unlikely.

What round we talking about? First and Second, no thanks - Fourth, I could deal with that.

3. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Derek Carr in the first wouldn't upset me, however if Munch is still here we all know that wont happen. We would have to have a complete rebuild with a whole new coaching staff.

4. Renfro95

Renfro95 Starter

Why is everyone so damn deadset that Locker is not on next years roster?! He is CHEAP next season. I am ok with drafting a QB in the draft, dont get me wrong. If Jake has another episode with injury next season or just plain stinks up the joint he is gone in 2015 and our next savior can take over, or if the new guy beats him out, whatever. Jake is cheap enough in 2014 that its not ridiculous that hes on the roster,even if it had to be as a backup. It is a business as well as bad as I hate that side of it. It would be ignorant to cut Jake in 2014 IMO.

5. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Yeah, Locker stays I think regardless of Munch's status. He has shown promise, but he has issues with serviceability. It's 2014 or bust for Jake .

6. Renfro95

Renfro95 Starter

Yes. You can go year by year for the next two seasons if need be. He shows out next season, you franchise him? I know that gets more expensive, but its for 1 season. You pay a little to see if he can stay healthy 2 years in a row, if he can and continues to play well, extend him and our 2014 draft pick either becomes the long term backup or possibly trade bait. If he continues to get injured next season, then all the other stuff becomes a non factor. Thats how my uneducated eyes see it

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

If we follow my cuts (Stevens, Wimbley, and Stewart), he's the 8th highest paid player on the team. Not very cheap.

If we take a QB round 1, like I projected, Locker will get cut.

8. Renfro95

Renfro95 Starter

Fitz has a heavier cap number and higher base salary than Locker next season, just looked that up. Even if Jake was on the roster as a back up makes more sense than outright cutting him. If a QB goes,it should be Fitz. Which leads me to believe that you may be right.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Locker's salary is guaranteed next year and costs considerably less than Fitztragic. Locker will be here next year regardless of who starts.

10. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Well it is a mouthful

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar