2014 NFL Draft: Pick #54 - RB Bishop Sankey

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, May 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Logan Thomas from VaTech would be good too.

Ruston mentioned WR in the presser. We need a big bodied WR. Norwood from Alabama or Coleman (6'6) from Rutgers would be awesome.

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

me too.

After this 2nd round, I am done with hope for a QB for this year. If you're banking on a 4th round pick, or even a 3rd, you will usually end up disappointed. Like probably 80 percent of the time.

Guess I'll just remain unenthused about the QB situation until the FO has the guts to finally spend a valuable pick on one.

Am happy with the 1st RB taken..I guess they'll give locker the chance to fail. And if he does.. There goes the season.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

I don't follow college football so I had to check highlights etc to get an idea of the player we got. I think hes decent pick up for the running back group.

My take from what I've seen and read:
    Not a power back or a finesse runner, but keeps his legs going and can bounce off tackles and get loose that way also has nice cut moves. Does go down easily with low tackles since his leg movement is his best asset.
    Can catch pretty well. Although I watched a few game highlights and season highlights and he didn't seem to be targeted a whole lot in the passing game. Usually made good of it when he was though.
    Read a few things that said he needs to work on his pass blocking...
    Overall, I wasn't extremely impressed by what I seen, but I do think he's a good pick and could be a good RB in the NFL.

4. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Reminds me of doug martin

5. superdeluxe

superdeluxe Practice Squad

You guys are going to love Bishop! Bishop definitely a 3 down back, he can run between tackles and has amazing vision, he always seems to find that hole. He has good hands and a good blocker as well. As you saw from the combine he is strong and fast.

If you can find his highlight tape from the Kraft fight hunger bowl against BYU and had amazing TD run.

6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I'm happy with the trade and pick. I mean, as long as this isn't the ghost of Chris Henry, amirite?

7. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I had Terrance West as my top RB with Sankey as the 2nd best on my board. Sankey has tremendous hands which is something that Whiz likes in his RBs. I still think that the RB value will be their later in the draft, but when you can trade back and still get the top player on your board at a position then it has got to be good value.

People threw a hissy fit with the 1st rnd pick because they worry about us not getting instant impact. Well here is your instant impact type of pick. Just like Bernard last yr. Sankey is going to get his touches and get his yards.

I will stress again that the success of the Titans this year falls at the feet of Locker. So far Webster has done everything he can to make life for Jake as easy as possible. He has gone all in for the offense...draft Wright, BIG FA deal with LeVitre, bring in Walker, drafts Warmack, moves up for Hunter, drafts Schwenke, brings in Oher, drafts Lewan, drafts Sankey. If Jake doesn't produce or can't stay healthy he has no one to blame but himself.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

I think we keep both 4 rounders and take a QB, I hope murray and either an ILB, Avery Williamson, or a WR, Norwood. Either WR or ILB in the 5th

9. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

We have hunter. We're good.

10. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Need a thick guy for the middle. Traffic

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar