2014 NFL Draft: Pick #178 - QB Zach Mettenberger

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by A.D., May 10, 2014.

1. titans92790

titans92790 Starter

ESPN is full of airheads that are full of it for 5 teams: Patriots, Broncos, Steelers, Packers, Cowboys

If any one of those teams drafted Mettenberger instead of us they would be ranting and raving about how he is the steal of the draft. But for us he's a backup/waste of a pick.
    • High Five High Five x 2
  2. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

3. ImATitan

ImATitan Starter

Out of curiosity, what gives you that impression? Locker starts opening day 100%
    • High Five High Five x 1
  4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Not the biggest fan of the guy but him being Whiz's project is interesting. Big guy, big arm, and did well in a pro style offense last year. If we can get him to improve on his play within the pocket (footwork, awareness, etc.) then we may have something here.

Just glad we took a QB. Murray was so close...
  5. BoutThatLife

BoutThatLife Starter

I truly have watched all his games over and over again, and I must say that the only concern I can see our coaching staff has with him is his injury history which ruston and whiz made clear in yesterday interviews he cleared their medical concerns, and the fact that mettenberger holds on to the ball to long and his presnap awareness is off... all things whiz and co. can fix everything else he looks extremely polished as a passer if anything at worst I see a reliable backup for the next 5 years and that's not bad for a 6th rounder.
  6. titanfanatic

titanfanatic Starter

Tom Brady 6th Rnd #199

Zach Mettenburger 6th Rnd #155

15 years have passed so the league is due for a another sleeper QB.
    • High Five High Five x 3
  7. 615nick

615nick Special Teams Standout

It's just what I se when I watch him play, he is not a bad player, just doesnt seem very good either
  8. 615nick

615nick Special Teams Standout

Really? 100%?...have you paid any attention to lockers career. First we have camps, then preseason then the regular season. also before the regular season we have go out to eat, grocery store, gas stations, signings, etc. all of these events leading up to the 100% start date, have a chance of him getting hurt. Not mention mett is a "whiz" guy and locker is still recoverying. I'd say mote like a 60% chance.locker.starts day one
  9. Luke Smartwater

Luke Smartwater Jedi Master

Yes he is.
  10. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Dumb