Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

2014 NFL Draft: Pick #178 - QB Zach Mettenberger

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by A.D., May 10, 2014.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 20 users.
  1. titans92790 Starter

George
    Moolah:
    $1,501
    ESPN is full of airheads that are full of it for 5 teams: Patriots, Broncos, Steelers, Packers, Cowboys

If any one of those teams drafted Mettenberger instead of us they would be ranting and raving about how he is the steal of the draft. But for us he's a backup/waste of a pick.
    titanfanatic and nbtoppers2 high five this.
  2. Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

McNair
    Moolah:
    $5,557
  3. ImATitan Starter

Brown
    Moolah:
    $7,966
    Out of curiosity, what gives you that impression? Locker starts opening day 100%
    The Hammer high fives this.
  4. The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Wright
    Moolah:
    $12,355
    Not the biggest fan of the guy but him being Whiz's project is interesting. Big guy, big arm, and did well in a pro style offense last year. If we can get him to improve on his play within the pocket (footwork, awareness, etc.) then we may have something here.

Just glad we took a QB. Murray was so close...
  5. BoutThatLife Special Teams Standout

Morgan
    Moolah:
    $19
    I truly have watched all his games over and over again, and I must say that the only concern I can see our coaching staff has with him is his injury history which ruston and whiz made clear in yesterday interviews he cleared their medical concerns, and the fact that mettenberger holds on to the ball to long and his presnap awareness is off... all things whiz and co. can fix everything else he looks extremely polished as a passer if anything at worst I see a reliable backup for the next 5 years and that's not bad for a 6th rounder.
  6. titanfanatic Starter

Casey
    Moolah:
    $365
    Tom Brady 6th Rnd #199

Zach Mettenburger 6th Rnd #155

15 years have passed so the league is due for a another sleeper QB.
    NcTitans_fan, Titan43 and titan520 high five this.
  7. 615nick Special Teams Standout

Moolah:
    $321
    It's just what I se when I watch him play, he is not a bad player, just doesnt seem very good either
  8. 615nick Special Teams Standout

Moolah:
    $321
    Really? 100%?...have you paid any attention to lockers career. First we have camps, then preseason then the regular season. also before the regular season we have go out to eat, grocery store, gas stations, signings, etc. all of these events leading up to the 100% start date, have a chance of him getting hurt. Not mention mett is a "whiz" guy and locker is still recoverying. I'd say mote like a 60% chance.locker.starts day one
  9. Luke Smartwater Jedi Master

McNair 2
    Moolah:
    $155
    Yes he is.
  10. J Falk Starter

Moolah:
    $13,928
    Dumb