2014 NFL Draft: Pick #11 - OT Taylor Lewan

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, May 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Well they sold pretty much all of their remaining picks for Patterson and the Seahawks gave up a 1st for Harvin.

2. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

He'll be wrong about guard, but doesn't change the fact that Lewan is a good player, and excellent value at 11.

3. Carp

Carp Starter

So playing dinged up (which EVERY football player does) proves his injury prone..... LMAO. Name one credible source that says he's injury. I'll save you the time cause you can't. Everything you are saying about him (save the character part) is literally the exact opposite of what people are saying about him who are paid to watch him and breakdown his film and know a little more than you watching the game and posting about it while sitting on the couch in your underwear.

The fact that you're a Michigan fan means very little if you're a terrible judge of talent (hint: you are). Hell half the Michigan fans thought Braylon Edwards was the best thing since Desmond Howard (probably you included). Most Tennessee Vol fans thought Adrian Foster was crap (to be fair, so did most NFL teams since he wasn't drafted).

The point is, you being a Michigan fan means exactly jack.

4. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

5. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

They aren't going to pay him $6 million to sit on the sidelines. Even if Lewan beats him, it might be even more outrageous to pay a guy that much to sit.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I wish people would stop acting like PFF walks on water, they're a nice reference but that site is totally being overblown now. I'm not saying Oher played like a top OT last year but he was not the worst.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

then why not rip the F.O. a new hole for paying this guy 6 million on the season? Either the front office is dumb, or they're dumb.

8. wplatham

If the coaches aren't playing the best players because of how much they make, then we have much bigger problems.

I actually totally agree with you. I was just trying to make the point that Oher isn't untouchable. He's probably an average NFL offensive tackle. And if Lewan is a good as he's supposed to be (franchise LT, etc) then it isn't crazy to think he can beat out Oher for a starting spot this season.

9. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

i would like to know if Roos could play RT. If Lewan is as physical and athletic as I hope he is he may be better off starting at LT, if he outright wins that job, than trying to put him in at RT. I get the impression from the presser they just had that Ruston has him pegged as our long term RT starting today.

10. wplatham

Because of the way the NFL structures its offseason, they have to sign free agents before the draft. I don't think they expected one of the top 3 tackles to fall into their lap at 11. You want them to go into the draft without anybody to play right tackle? The signing gave them the flexibility to take BPA. (Even though BPA turned out to be a tackle)

And they have like $12 million in cap space. How does it hurt to use $6 million to be sure they'd have a starting tackle regardless of how the draft worked out? In fact, they deserve credit for structuring Oher's contract so that they can get out of it after one year.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar