2014 FA list

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Ontario Titan, Jan 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Probably. But doubt we will.

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Can't believe that bum Amano will still be counting against our cap (OVER TWO MILLION DOLLARS)

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I think you're overestimating the leverage a guy who just had 10 TDs and 15 turnovers will have. No team is just going to hand him a starting gig. He's going to have to compete no matter where he goes. And unless he wants to go somewhere like Oakland, he's probably going to have to start the year as a #2 regardless.

4. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

As an expert on all things GB living in Packer land, NOPE. Friends up here say he's only on the team due to being a fan favorite. He can catch a td pass while wide open or run it in from the 1, but as a full time FB would be a disaster. Slow, can't block, and deteriorating fast according to friends who watch every game and from the ~8 games I watched this year I tend to agree. Packers really never use him unless they're inside the 10 or in a short yardage situation. He is definitely not a full time FB only a situational player.

5. Brew City

Prime example for "stats don't tell the whole story".

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Kuhn has terrible stats lol, I only maintain the guy is sharp when it counts.

7. Brew City

You brought up the td stat and that's what I what going after.

8. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Alright guys, we all know that the QB position is a huge question mark right now. After looking at the FA qb list again, a couple of names caught my attention. Josh McCown and Chad Henne. While neither one of them will likely lead us to the super bowl, they are both intriguing.

They are nothing to get excited about, but I think either of them would be better than Fitz at this point.

Henne has always shown he can win games. He's not perfect by any means, but neither were those terrible teams he's been blessed with.

As for McCown, where did this guy come from? 34 years old and a career 37 TDs and 44 INTs before this season. Gotta be terrible right? Wrong. Dude came outta nowhere to throw for 13 TDs on 1 INT on 1800 yards this season in 5 starts! Late Boomer?

Like I said, nothing to break the bank over or get too excited about, but both could definitely create more competition at the position. Something we can't get enough of this offseason.

9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

why does everyone think McCown is going to do anything outside of Chicago at 34 years old?

He had Forte who had probably the 2nd or 3rd best ranking running the ball this year and two of the best receivers in the NFL. He isn't going to be anything more than a BELOW average backup anywhere else.

10. TitansAB

TitansAB Special Teams Standout

This. I don't get the McCown love as well. He's just...Meh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar