2014 FA list

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Ontario Titan, Jan 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I've never been big on Schaub. But honestly we could do a lot worse for a #2/competition for Jake. There's just not a ton of options out there. And I think he's better than Fitz. I know Schaub was bad this year. But he's never really been known to be a turnover-machine before. Whereas Fitz pretty much always has. I think Schaub might get back on track with a fresh start.

I definitely wouldn't want him to be a long-term starter here. But I wouldn't mind having him around for when (not if) Jake goes down. Of course I'd prefer we draft a rookie and let him battle it out with Jake. But in the case that doesn't happen I'd be fine with going the Schaub route.

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

[​IMG]

apologies if that gave anyone a seizure.

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I rather draft a QB in the 2nd round ala Kaepernick or Dalton. 11 will be too late to draft a rook, and is more likely gonna be a bust; a QB in the 2nd round may bust too, but won't hurt as much as a 1st round bust.

4. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Bell had an okay year this season and can transfer without sitting out a year. Do I think he is a top QB right now? No. Do I think he'll be a first round pick? No. However he has shown some decent NFL qualities and I could see him helping his stock with a great year.

If you had told me Zach Mettenberger was a first round candidate (and he was before getting injured) last year I would have laughed at you.

Also he got the nickname BellDozer as a testament to his ability to execute a QB sneak. It had nothing to do with his abilities as a passer.

I think Schaub would be just fine as a stop gap solution or backup while we groom our QB of the future. He is an upgrade to Ryan Fitzpatrick and would provide Locker with some legitimate competition in training camp. Schaub wouldn't be brought in as our 'plan A' at QB but rather as a backup plan while our new coach tries to salvage Jake Locker.

5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I agree. He is not franchise QB material.. but he is one year removed from being a QB of a powerhouse team. He is not "The Answer," but he would be serviceable enough to challenge for a starting position. I would not be jumping for joy, but I certainly would not be upset with the pickup.

I'd be happy just to have a QB that can get us something to build on.. like 1 playoff win in the next decade would be a huge step up.

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Current cap: Just over 9 mil
    After cutting CJ, Stewart, Fitz, QJ: 21.8 mil

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

People are talking about Schuab as a backup. That wouldn't be terrible BUT he was a starter for how many years and made the playoffs a few times. What are the odds he'd be willing to settle for a back up gig when he could go elsewhere and likely be the starter. I also don't see him being any cheaper than Fitz, I just don't see the point IMO. He'll want to much money and not want to be a backup, IMO of course. I'd much rather draft and let the rookie and Locker battle it out. Idealy, said rookie would be a pocket passer for once.

8. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I assumed he was being sarcastic when he posted that.

[​IMG]

9. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I just believe next season I a better year to draft a rookie QB. I don't want to see us try an fit a square peg in a round hole and draft a QB in the top two rounds just because we need to draft a QB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar