2014 Depth Chart

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gut, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

dope Wilson higher rated than both he talked about the least

way to go george

2. 520

I doubt its even thought of if his twin bro didn't do it..but he sucked at corner

if anyone should be safety I say verner

can you imagine him in griffs role

10 ints

3. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Griff don't even play In the same county as te rest the team. I like Verner closer to the ball.

4. 520

yea I see what you saying. but with how good verner is with jumping routes and predicting the offense, I think itd give him a better chance at being around the ball

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

The questions would be first, can they stay relatively healthy. Locker, Walker, and Greene lost significant time and outside of Wright, they'd be your biggest assets so health would be hugely important. Second, I see almost no chance Stewart is our RT next year so who comes in at RT and how they play would have an impact as who is our FB and backup WR's and TE's. Third, who is our OC? Fourth, how does Locker play with? Does he play like he did this year at an 86+ qb rating? Better or worse?

But to answer your question, I'd say somewhere between above average say 14 to top 10. More importantly, we should score MORE points and rest our D more (so they play better and take pressure off the offense who then play better). With 3 better defensive starters our D should play better. Scoring more points and giving up less SHOULD translate into several more wins. Heck, we should have had several more wins anyway...even with a backup QB and a rookie OC. Plus, Id expect a lot more production from a downhill runner like Greene then we got from CJ this season. Better ypc means more consistency which means more first downs and better time of possession...which alone makes the defense better.

I think there is a real possiblity Nate is NOT on the team next year as he also has a high cap #. Then again, I'd say he's more important than Griff and Griff's cap # is higher. Locker also seems to trust him so If we're staying with Locker, we should try to keep Nate one more season if possible.

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

The flip side of this is that Verner a lot of times jumps routes because he has a S behind him. If HE is the S, it's much harder to gamble the way he does because if you guess wrong you give up an easy TD. I think he'd make more plays then Griff and have more INT's (then the zero Griff had) but IF Verner stays, he's staying at CB so not worth discussing really.

7. 520

yea I know but I was just saying its more likely theyd move him than mccourty

I don't wanna move either lets just get a damn good safety

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I know this doesn't happen every time... but starting RT for the Bears, Jordan Mills, a 5th round pick this year. Starting RT for the Lions, LaAdrian Waddle, undrafted this year. Both are playing great football.

You can find a starter in the 4th round.

9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I'm not saying it can't be done. Heck, tom Brady was drafted where? But he's the ONLY big time QB drafted there. While it is much more likely to find gems in the 4th and 5th round, the chance of success is still quite low and we have enough problems!

If we take better players at need positions and we take an OT in rnd 4, so be it. but with the quality of OT in this draft in rounds 1 and 2, you can get better then 'starter' material so it would behoove us to draft for need keeping in mind the strength of the draft.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

urr what?

QB - Nope (perhaps if he wasn't injured so much)
    RB - Nope (barely 1000 yards)
    WR - Kinda (Wright yes, Washington is a push but could be gone, Hunter has the potential)
    TE - Average (Walker is good, not great and not dynamic)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar