2014-2015 NBA Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Dee, Oct 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

Awww, poor Dee. All he can do is throw LeBron insults even though I've never been a big fan of his (even in a Cavs uniform).

And no, LeBron was not the only reason the Cavs won. In at least two games we built leads while LeBron was sitting and lost them when he came in and started his bizarre "dribble in the corner until the clock hits 9" thing. He was also 2-23 from beyond the arc. He had 27 turnovers during the series. He shot 61-153, or roughly 40%. He did have a crazy amount of assists though, I'll give him that (53).

But no, the guys who won this series are T2, Shump, Smith (even though the league tried to spot you two games by suspending him), and of course, Delly. Without those guys stepping up we don't win.

And yeah, I predicted we would lose. Without Kevin Love we lost his invaluable rebounding and floor spreading. We tried to get the floor spreading back in Game 1 with Mike Miller, didn't work, so we went with the rebounding of T2. T2 then proceeded to dominate in a way that I think few thought he would. And Delly shut D.Rose down. Seriously, Rose could score all day on a no-legged Kyrie Irving, but put an undrafted second year player from Australia on him and he's all, "Man, I hope my ACL snaps so I can regain some dignity!"

And in game 6, Delly served the Bulls a sandwich they couldn't handle, one might even say they CHOKED on it. AHAHAHAHAHAHA! Next season Rose is gonna show up and see Delly and be all like, "Hey guys, I forgot, I gotta meeting I gotta go to, I'll see ya'll after the game".

Then when he gets to the meeting Delly will be at the head of the table and he'll tear is ACL trying to run out of the room.

Hey, have you seen D.Rose? He was last seen asking Delly for his autograph!

AHAHAHAHAHA!

• LOL LOL x 1
  2. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

#182 jplusip, May 15, 2015
    Last edited: May 15, 2015
  3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Screen Shot 2015-05-15 at 11.47.17 AM.png

Jimmy will get the max, and we have the right to match any offer. He'll likely get atleast $15 mil/yr. That already puts us at $76+ mil. The cap is rumored to be increased from $67.1 mil to $89 mil this offseason. So we'd have maybe $10 mil to spend after we resign Jimmy & that's IF the cap increases.

Honestly, we need to deal Taj. I love Taj, but he makes starter money and is turning 30 in June. That opens up $8.5 mil for us. Plenty of teams could be interested... my favorite is trading Taj + our 1st (22) for Orlandos 1st (top-7, depends on lotto).

Pau Gasol could easily be traded. He's still a productive player (although old, I see him like Tim Duncan, doesn't rely on athleticism). Knicks could be interested thanks to Paus connection for Fisher & Phil Jackson, plus he knows the triangle offense. But, I could see OKC being a sleeper in a Pau trade. Kanter is a FA, if he leaves (very possible) OKC could offer their 1st (14ish, depends on lotto) for Pau. Remember, OKC went HARD after Pau Gasol last offseason, but lost out to the Bulls. Gasol gives them one more run for a ring, before Durant/Westbrook hit free agency.

Kirk is done, we need him off the team. Could likely deal him to where ever Thibs goes for a future 2nd. Dunleavy likely isn't resigned, due to age. Brooks is 30 and a free agent also. So, Bulls need a new head coach, backup PG (especially since Rose is always hurt), and another starting caliber wings.

Going to be a eventful off-season.

4. xpmar9x

Mozgov & TT both had great series, they locked down the paint. Bulls couldn't hit a jumper and got beat up if they drove into those guys. Shump had a couple great games, and damn JR Smith would ALWAYS hit a clutch 3 if CHI went on a little run.

Great job by David Griffin for making all those trades for Shump, JR, Mozgov mid-season, without those trades I doubt CLE gets pass Chicago. However, he did trade Andrew Wiggins & Anthony Bennett for a 1yr rental of K'Love.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

I hated the move then and I hate even more now. I understand that LeBron and Wiggins play the same position, but given how "starter" doesn't mean much of anything on the Cavs anyways (nor do positions since Kyrie/LeBron/Shump/Smith/Delly all play SG and PG) I don't see why we couldn't have had Wiggins come off the bench for LeBron. I mean, LeBron is 30 now, so in 5 years when Wiggins' rookie contract is up they'd just flip roles and LeBron would come off the bench for Wiggins. And T2 just proved he is more than sufficient to start the PF position, so even disregarding the injury on Love that trade just looks incredibly stupid.

That said, Griffin got robbed of the Executive of the Year award. Those mid-season trades were worth much more than Golden State hiring the obvious candidate.

6. xpmar9x

Wiggins could of played SG. Problem solved.

7. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Let's go Hawks, Let's go Hawks, Let's go Hawks..

DeeT04 iz u mad bro?

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I iz hate dat we gotz to play the hawks, mane.. i believe dey gone beat us 4-2. Demarre Carroll iz gone shut me down.

9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

everyone is sleeping on the Hawks

10. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

dont matter what lebron delly sandwich or anyone does. curry gonna murder em all. **** bring in the east all star team. the warriors gonna bring home dat trophy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar