2014-2015 Nashville Predators Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Preditan, Apr 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

What was the lowly Preds' record vs. the Hawks last season? I can't remember

:)

4-1!

#51 nickmsmith, Oct 23, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
    • Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
  2. Ewker

Ewker Starter

who went to the playoffs :)

3. nickmsmith

Can't argue with that. I'm personally glad the Preds didn't. It brought on a lot of changes that have worked out for the better.

Just like when the Hawks had some of the league's worst attendance until they picked up the right players... now those no-show fans (now bandwagon fans) are now the league's most loud and obnoxious (outside of Canada)

It was time for a culture change. It takes a few bad years to make it happen.

4. nickmsmith

Big hat trick by James Neal!! He has really turned it on recently!!!!!!!!!

5. nickmsmith

Wooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhh!!!

6. Ewker

Ewker Starter

yeah and you just said that he hadn't been doing much...to bad he had to find his game last night

7. nickmsmith

yeah, first few games were slow, but the last 2or 3 games he's had at least 1 goal. He, Ribeiro, and Forsberg work very well together.

Before then, they were messing around, putting scrubs like G Bourque in on the 1st line. Seems like they've figured out a good formula. Forsberg and Rib are great setup guys.. Bourque is a 4th liner/AHL player. Good that they gave him a shot though. Finally a group of guys who are not afraid to put shots on Goal.

Good luck to The Capitals with Barry Trotz's boring, reliable Fisherhockey. Ovechkin and Trotz are like the Odd Couple.

#57 nickmsmith, Oct 24, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
  8. nickmsmith

I think that the pens and the Preds are both happy with the Neal/hq-spaling trade.

Pens wanted Neal gone, and they got a hard worker in Hornqvist, and a decent lower line guy in spaling.

Preds got a guy who fires it at the net. Win-win.

9. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I don't know a thing about the Predators. I couldn't tell you who even plays for them. I only go to 1 game every now and then that is only to see the Blackhawks play when they come to town.
    The section we were in last night was all Blackhawks fans and they were great to be around. Seemed to me the Predator fans close by us were the jerks.

I have been a Blackhawks fan since there were only 6 teams in the league...show ya how old I am...lol

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. nickmsmith

my first NHL game was Hawks vs Preds.
    Preds fans are very nice, generally. I was an outsider in my first game, not a fan of either team.

They hate Blackhawks fans because, in the past, there have been quite a few fans act a fool, pour beer on people, get arrested for getting out of hand, etc. The one Hawks/Preds game I visited, I didn't experience that, though. I hear the Police department has a heyday with all the drunk Hawk fans in and outside the stadium. (probably moreso on weekend games.)

But that's just the impression. Hockey is a great atmosphere in Nashville.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar