2014-2015 Nashville Predators Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Preditan, Apr 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Preditan

Preditan --- --- --- --- Staff

I'd figured I would go ahead and start this, even though I will probably be only one of few posting things in it.

The offseason has already begun.

But I wanted to start it out by saying that Weber was just announced as a finalist for the Norris trophy this year. The other 2 were Chara and Keith. Weber deserves it hands down, but my gut feeling is that Keith will take it this year. Weber led all defensemen in goals and powerplay goals. He set a franchise record this year for most points by a defensemen (previously held by Timonen), and has been the Preds scoring leader for 2 straight years. He's a rare and once-in a lifetime defensemen. One that can shut down any player in the league, and turn around and go down and score.

The draft is also coming up in exactly 2 months. This will be the first year that the Preds have both a 1st round AND a 2nd round pick. Also, I am hoping the Preds hire Peter Laviolette to be the new coach of the Preds, and I hope they pursue him fast before other teams start searching. Also, Poile needs to simmer back down to reality and actually try to draft offense first, instead of defense. If the Preds can grab Dal Colle or Virtanen, I will be happy. Both have huge potential, and with upcoming prospects like Forsberg and Pontus Aberg, the Preds could have quite a nice offense since the Jason Arnott erra.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Preditan

The Preds have a new coach...

[​IMG]

Peter Laviolette

3. XO

XO Nevada Native

Help me out.

This good?

4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

He is a sleazy guy, with a hot temper which gets him into trouble. He is known to be a hothead who gets abusive and trash talky with players. Exact opposite of Barry Trotz.

But all that aside, I think it is a good hire. He won the Stanley cup in '06, and almost got the Flyers one a few years ago. He plays an aggressive offense style. very unlike Trotz.

Good fit for Nashville, but a ballsy change.. the media will never get under his skin. Media in NSH plays softball with interviews.

Much happier than pulling a "Bud Adams" and doing an inside hire.

But he is a mega-douche. I personally do not care, if it amounts to wins.

For the preds (a not desirable NHL coaching destination) 10/10.

5. Preditan

He's the best coach that the Preds could have gotten. He's coaching the US National team at the World Championships.

Won a Cup back when he was coaching in Carolina

6. Preditan

He's completely opposite of Trotz, I'd say.

7. XO

XO Nevada Native

Thats all I needed to hear.

8. titans92790

titans92790 Starter

big things in free agency need to go offensive, Weber and Rinne can hold the fort for defense. Staying healthy is key. No doubt that Preds will be better than last year if Rinne holds to his true form. He was shaky this year when he returned, but a full offseason with training and ice time should help him return to form. I can see the Predators sneaking in to the playoffs next year, but hard to see them contend for a cup with what offensive power they have now.

9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

what they need to do is "addition by subtraction." Dump Clune, Cullen, Gaustad. Dead weight.

Put up or get out category: Stalberg, Wilson, Bourque

Bring up Forsberg, keep Jarnkrok, Smith, Hornqvist, re-sign Spaling (3rd-4th line), Nystrom is a quality 3rd- 4th line player.

Fisher could go or stay, makes little difference to me.

This draft and free agency season is incredibly big.

Last year's FA was so terrible..

10. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

[​IMG]

HHOOOOCCCKKKEEEYYYYYYYYY

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar