2013 Offense Being Revamped Also Makes Defense Stronger

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Apr 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

With the offense being revamped it will also directly help the defense also. Games are won and lost in the trenches and now our offensive line looks like one of the best in the league with the addition of Lavitre, Turner and Spencer in free agency along with Chance Warmack and Brian Schwenke being taken in the draft.

The backs Johnson and Greene will have one of the best lines blocking for them so they will be able to control the tempo and eat up plenty of clock while Jake Locker has more weapons to throw to in WR Justin Hunter plus Kevin Walter and TE Delanie Walker not to mention Kenny Britt could come back fully healthy.The offense has been set up perfectly for Locker so he shouldn't have any problems but if he does there is a backup Fitzpatrick who will be more than ready to take the reins.

Last year the offense was barely on the field which lead to the defense being exhausted and overworked but now that the line has been totally revamped plus new targets have been added in the passing game and CJ has help in the running game the offense should be on the field much longer this season which will mean the defense will be stronger and healthier because they won't be on the field as long.

The defense has also added pieces in free agency and the draft including hard hitting Bernard Pollard who will set the tone on defense and Sammie Lee Hill who will hold things down at defensive tackle.George Wilson will provide leadership on defense and we also brought in Ropati Pitoitua for depth at defensive end.Zach Brown at linebacker had a great year as rookie.Also expect Mike Martin,Jurell Casey and Derrick Morgan should all step up this season and we are looking good at CB with Verner and McCourty and we also drafted Blidi Wreh Wilson at that position along with Zavier Gooden at OLB.

In the return game Reynaud will Battle Marc Mariani and of course both Kern and Bironas are back on special teams.

GM Ruston Webster along with head coach Mike Munchak have been told by Bud Adams win or else so if they don't get it done this year they will be done.They have done a pretty good job of reworking the roster and doing a good job also in free agency and the draft.

I think Gregg Williams will bring much needed help to Jerry Gray with coaching the defense.

In my opinion although the schedule is rough in certain spots i do think this team should have a winning season and at least make the playoffs as a wild card.

2. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Yes.

Better TOP will help the defense dramatically.

Not to mention, a competent offense should provide better field position.

Also, it might be nice for the defense to occasionally play with a lead, or even, instead of being boatraced.

I think the talent is there on defense. We had horrible coaching last year. Hopefully, we will see some more aggressive coverage (meaning not playing 8 yards off all the time) and more blitzing.

Last offseason, I felt we were poised on the brink of something special. After what happened, I swore I wouldn't get my hopes up. But I can't help it. If we get a little good luck health wise, and a couple of key pieces take reasonable steps forward (mainly Locker, but Britt, Wright as well) we could seriously be contenders in a weak AFC. I see no reason why we can't compete for this division.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I still doubt our ability to stop the run. Every great defense has a dynamic defensive lineman that makes things easier for the other ten guys on the field and we don't have that.

4. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Who was the dynamic DL that we missed on?

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I didn't say there was one. Although I think one of DTs in the first could have been that guy, especially Floyd. Webster basically said they didn't like any of the DTs in this draft during the Warmack press conference, so I guess we're not going to take any, but we need one.

6. SoCalTitan867

SoCalTitan867 Starter

It'll be interesting to see what we have in Hill. I'm praying he's that guy we need inside. Not enough tape on him to tell just yet though. We've still got Casey, Martin and Klug too. Can't complain about that.

7. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Floyd would have been the same style of talent we have in Martin. IMO.

8. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

I can't wait for the season to start. I think we will be damn good and hopefully make the playoffs. We better I just made about 4 bets saying we would.

9. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

I think it will all come down to how well Locker plays and if he takes advantage of the help he now has on the offense.He has plenty of targets to throw to and a good RB tandem to hand it off to also not to mention he has a mountain in front of him protecting him so there really are no excuses anymore.

If he somehow does struggle it will be interesting to see how long it takes before the staff makes a QB change because knowing how their jobs are on the line i don't think they will wait six games like the regime before us did.I think they'd give him about three or four games and if he really struggled they would make a switch.Hopefully though it won't even come to that and Locker will have a great season.

10. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

Not to mention Chris Palmer is no longer calling plays and is cooking hash browns as Waffle House now

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar