2013 Draft Possibilities

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by satkins2252, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Laron Landry is a Pro-Bowler, and a true difference maker when healthy. :brow:

Matt Elams coverage improved all year, we can only hope that it keeps getting better. He reminds me of a Bob Sanders (minus the injuries).

2. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I see what you mean but these guys would still be good fits for us. Most peoples' complaint about Griffin is the lack of aggressiveness and willingness to bang from his safety spot. From what I've seen he's pretty good in coverage. A guy like Elam would really compliment the skills Griffin does have and bring some physicality to that secondary. I remember McCourty saying that the defense lacked intensity and swagger, well nothing brings more swag to a secondary than a dude who is out there taking people's heads clean off.

3. Inaccurate Passer

Inaccurate Passer Starter

Nothing deflates defenses more than when safeties keep giving up big plays by taking poor angles to blow somebody up

4. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I was extremely impressed with Dee when I first saw him play but the more I watched him the more holes in his game I saw. His footwork is average, if he can't get his hands on the receiver he always gets beat off the line, and he lacks enough speed to stay with speedy receivers. I consistently saw him get beat badly off the line and then only make the play because the ball was under thrown.

On the other hand he has great size and physicality for a corner and from what I understand he only converted to corner like 2 seasons ago or something. He also has really good ball skills if he's able to get in position.With some coaching he can be a solid corner but I doubt he'll ever be a shutdown guy.

5. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Vacarro is hard to follow on cut ups. He moves around ALOT. He also does man coverage sometimes. If his coverage skills hold up at the next level, a team like the jets would love him because of all their blitzes. Zero blitz and cover one will be his impact plays. He hits pretty solid too. Comes down on the run inch better than either of our safeties.

6. Clark

Griffin is the worlds worst tackling safety. That dude is just collecting a check. Dudes cancer.

7. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

So we want a safety who can cover and hit?

How about this kid

8. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Good thing Elam doesn't do that from what i've seen. He's not horrible in coverage, he's just average. And nothing deflates a defense more than watching your last line of defense getting run over to give up a touchdown. Guys like John Lynch and Lawyer Milloy weren't amazing cover guys but were extremely effective with a similar skill set. Griffin can cover, he just sucks at tackling.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Very nice play by the safety.That corner needs to get his act together.

10. Clark

Elam is basically a run enforcer with average coverage abilities. Teams that run a lot of Nickel will love him because he brings a little extra on run stops while having that extra CB on the field. Zone guy for sure. Kind of a loose cannon tho. Feeds off making big hits and sometimes looses composure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar