2013 Draft Possibilities

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by satkins2252, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

I'm a little worry about Bell ability at the next level, could be a one of those big guys that just excel in college but can't beat defenders in the NFL. Rather have a guy like Lacy or Taylor.

2. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

I like this Free Agency you got here.

I'd love Levitre, Jacobs and Jammer(or another Vet CB)
    I dont see Freeney coming here though, so I'd swap him with Glenn Dorsey DT. Dorsey/Casey/Marks/Martin/Klug - Nice Rotation

Levitre is the big one.
    O'line
    Roos/Otto --- Levitre/Amano---Velasco/Draft Pick---Hutch/Draft Pick----Stewart/Stingly

Draft
    We finish 6-10 and get the 9th pick, we trade our 9th pick to Tamba Bay for their 13th and a 3rounder.(Tamba Bay trades up for Milliner, they need CB's bad)

1.(13) Barkevious Mingo DE LSU 6'4 240lbs
    I like Mingo's value here, he had a poor stat season for sure, but he didn't play badly IMO. He's like to run sub-4.6.
    I like Werner and Moore a little more but both will go top 10. J.Jones, Jordan and Ansah may also go in the top 12 which pushes Mingo out.
    He will have to put on a little weight, which I don't think will be a problem, as I see him weighing in closer to 250 at the combine.

Titans trade their 2nd,3rd(From Tampa) and a 4th to the Green Bay Packers for their 1st(26)

1.(26) Matt Elam SS Florida 5'10 202lbs
    Titans fall in love with Elam through the offseason and combine. He's a leader and someone who will start at SS and make us instantly better. Titans see him drop and pull the trigger with a trade that works for the Packers as they look to accumulate more picks.

3. Alvin Bailey RG Arkansas 6'5 315lb
    Will challenge Hutch for RG spot. Time for us to start investing draft picks in the O'line.

4(C). Shayne Skov MLB Stanford 6'3 242lbs
    McCarthy back-up. Very good player

5. Braxton Cave C ND 6'3 305lbs
    Velasco depth. Way better than Matthews. Lockers future center

7. Craig Roh DE 6'5 281lbs

3. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

Did anyone see Kyle Van Noy from BYU in the bowl game.

He is a junior and after a monster performance in his bowl game might declare for the NFL draft.

His junior year he finished with 53 tackles 13 sacks 2 interceptions 6ff 1fr

In the bowl game the first touchdown was a sack by him where he forced the force and recovered in the endzone. The second score of the night was an interception return by Noy. While also blocking a punt in the game. Impressive night by the young kid.

4. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I didn't watch that game, but he has been doing that kind of stuff his whole career.

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

We need so much help, I dont even know where to begin..

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

1. Star Lotulelei DT
    2. Jonathon Cooper G
    3. Desmond Trufant CB
    4. Tank Carradine DE
    5. Lonnie Pryor FB/RB
    6. Ray-Ray Armstrong S
    7. Braxton Cave C

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. THE_TITAN

THE_TITAN Starter

Here's my new draft after watching the shambles against the Packers:

(TRADE back in Round 1 for a late 1st and 2nd round pick, ample value for a top 10 pick)

Round 1: Barrett Jones, C/OG, Alabama - This guy is a versatile offensive lineman that can help us in both pass protection and run blocking. He has a great resume from his time at Alabama, demonstrating excellent versatility and ability to play to an elite level at multiple positions.

Round 2: Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State - Rhodes is a physical corner that has matched up successfully against elite college receivers. His pick would mean that Verner moves back to nickelback where he is far more effective and our secondary becomes that much better.

Round 2: Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida - We need to add more presence in the middle to stop the run and free up our defensive ends so they can rush the passer more effectively. Floyd fits our scheme perfectly.

Round 3: Brennan Williams, OT, North Carolina - We add another offensive line piece here. Stewart is getting older and has had a major injury in the season. Williams could easily be his future replacement. He has been one of Giovani Bernard's best run blockers and has all the athletic traits you look for in a starting right tackle.

Round 4: Zac Dysert, QB, Miami(OH) - Probably my favorite QB in this draft (minus Geno Smith), Dysert has had a sub-par cast around him with a horrendous O-line and mediocre receivers and yet has been able to put up good numbers. His arm strength is NFL caliber and he has tremendous accuracy. We draft him and have an open competition between him and Locker, I wouldn't be surprised if he won the battle.

Round 5: Rex Burkhead, RB, Nebraska - High character guy with good ability. He could immediately help us in the running attack as a contributing back to go along with CJ2K.

Round 7: Ray Ray Armstrong, SS, Faulkner - I think the safety position needs to be totally overhauled and a new starter needs to be brought in in free agency. Ray Ray, though, could put himself in the running with Markelle Martin for a starting spot. It can't be worse than what we've got right now.

Free Agency Targets:

Dwight Freeney, DE
    William Moore, SS
    Josh Cribbs, WR
    Tavares Gooden, MLB

8. Fry

Xavier Rhodes reminds me a lot of Antrel Rolle when he came out of Miami. I'm not sure he has the hips or the deep speed to turn and run in the NFL.

9. THE_TITAN

THE_TITAN Starter

I like his physicality though, if he didn't work at corner he would definitely work at safety.

10. Fry

I definitely agree about him converting to safety. I think he's an ideal fit for a zone scheme if he stays at corner. He's at his best when he's on the line of scrimmage and can jam receivers and he has good awareness in zone, but I think the rules in the NFL that restrict a corner's ability to jostle with WRs hurt his value.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar