2013 Draft Possibilities

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by satkins2252, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Yeah, I just prefer Xavier Rhodes right now... or that German dude from Fla St.

2. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

That German dude from Florida state is a beast, would be delighted if we landed him.
    He would have to declare early though

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

Andy Dalton is making my eyes bleed, so I threw together a quick draft for next year.

1. Bjorn Werner DE Florida State
    2. Kenny Vaccaro SS Texas
    3. Graham Pocic C Illinois
    4. Omoregie Uzzi RG Georgia Tech
    5. Arthur Brown LB Kansas State
    6. Ray Polk FS Colorado
    7. Spencer Ware RB LSU

4. xpmar9x

I could dig that. We need another pass-rusher to go with Wimbley, and Werner could be that true pass-rusher. 6'4 260 is solid.

Our safeties suck, but I don't see is going after one. We have Griff and Babs under contract, with youth behind them (Markelle Martin, Rojo, and Al). More pressure on the QB should help our safeties.

Here's mine:

1: Bjorn Werner DE Fla St
    2: Barrett Jones OL Bama
    3: Le'Veon Bell RB Mich St
    4: Alvin Bell OG Arkansas

Werner gives us the pass rush we need. Barrett Jones can play any position on the OL, hopefully he'd play center for us. Bell gives us the power-back that we need. Bell provides more depth, and potential starter at guard.

5. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

Round 1 Barrett Jones Remember as a junior he was a first-Ttam SEC selection for his play at left tackle. I hope we are picking in the late twenties, Jones (baring injuries) should be a first round pick with his skill set and versatility which would be an asset for us.

Round 2 Pass Rusher This class is very deep at the DE position, a lot are projected to go in the first round it still too early to know who raises and fall. Whoever falls to the second day should be the pick here. Jackson Jeffcoat is the guy I like to fall into the second day I think Alex Okafor has some more upside than him.

Round 3 Cordarrelle Patterson I don't believe the Titans are done trying to find ways to be more explosive. With an aging Washington, injury concerns to Kenny Britt, lack of production from Hawkins/Williams. We maybe looking for a third receiver. Patterson could shoot up draft boards if he declares. In week 1 he did beat the number 1 cb prospect on scores of 41 and 67.

Round 4 OG Munchak finally admitted their was a problem with the offensive line, hopeful this is the year he decides to correct it. With the addition of Jones in the first round and find a sleeper in the 4th could solve our offensive line woes. This would allow Velasco/Amano/Harris/Hutchinson to battle for the remaining guard position assuming if we draft a guard here with enough talent to start.

6. Joe Blaque

Joe Blaque Starter

So, might as well look at who will be the top five players will be in the draft next year, because that is where we will be picking.

Is Barrett Jones worth picking 1st overall?

7. xpmar9x

I still think we'll be able to sneak 4-7 wins this year. I want Bjoern Werner from FLA St. Get a pass-rush, having him and Wimbley both would be nice. More pressure on the QB, less time for the DBs to cover WR, etc.

2nd round - 7th round all OL. :anon:

8. JCal23

JCal23 Practice Squad

I don't see anymore than 5 wins at this point. If this franchise wants to win anything in the near future we need a true leader on D. With that said I think we need to look at Manti Te'o from ND. McCarthy has played well as starter but is just that IMO.

9. xpmar9x

Seriously? That's stupid.

McCarthy is already a captain and a stud. Did you watch him last year at the end of the year? He was killing it. He is our leader.

Our team has a ton of holes.. and you want us to draft the position that we're set at? Silly.

10. xpmar9x

1st Round: Bjoern Werner / Sam Montogomery / Eric Reid
    2nd Round: Barrett Jones / Khaled Holmes
    3rd round: RUNNINGBACK
    3rd round: BPA DE/OG/S
    (we'll likely get a 3rd for losing Finny)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar