2013 Draft Possibilities

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by satkins2252, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FLA Titans Fan

FLA Titans Fan The GM

Offseason moves.
    We need to clean house with these Coordinators. Bring in some guys with playoff experince and players want to play for. No going to give ideas theres a thread for that

Sign FA Cookie, Fernando, Pat Chung, Terrance Knighton, and Antoine Caldwell

1 round: Damontre Moore, Best pass rusher on the board when we pick. He is constantly making plays in the backfield. Has done a fantastic job playing with his hand in the dirt this year. Reminds me of D.Ware.

2 round: Kawann Short, A big guy who can play all 3 downs. Gets a constant push up the middle on pass plays. Very good use of hands, quick of the snap, combo of power and agility

3 round: Larry Warford, Big strong. Can start Day 1

4 round: Gabe Jackson, Big body can play OT or OG

4 round(comp): Leon McFadden, Can play inside and outside. Bring wood with every hit.

5 round: Dalton Freeman C

7 round: Michael Mauti LB

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. edward nigma

edward nigma Starter

(hand clapping)
    Excellent job of scouting interior offensive lineman (Larry Warford G 2nd team SEC, Gabe Jackson G 1st team SEC). I would not have a problem with your first four selections.

If the opportunity presented itself, I would select Star Lotulelei if he fell past the top 3 (highly unlikely) and was available or Johnathan Hankins (only in slots 5-10). If both were gone, I would look to trade back and select Chance Warmack (G).

But, If we can get an initial push from the guys up front, Damontre Moore would be a excellent pick.

3. KingofdaHill

KingofdaHill Camp Fodder

I really like the Damontre Moore pick but i am on the fence as i also really like Bjoern Werner, he really reminds me of the j.j. watt type of player that high motor type of guy that just causes havok on every play.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

The only thinkg Watt and Werner have in common is a high-motor. Phyiscally nothing alike.

5. KingofdaHill

KingofdaHill Camp Fodder

well thats your opinion. most people and most draft experts have compared him to the likes of j.j. watt. he also has a nack for swatting balls.

6. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

http://dcprosportsreport.com/MockDraft.htm

great source of updated draft mocks.

I'm not sure our first round pick should go to a DE anymore... I kinda think NT type. He stops the run and if he's good should take the double team. Our LB core is ok, I would say we need a S as well.

I'm also not entirely sure a good DT would be available. I'm also very high on T'eo. It's tough. I feel like T'eo would complete our LB Core completely with a solid back up in McCarthy. OR maybe we transition to a 3-4 this year.

1. DT
    2. S
    3. C/G
    4. G/C
    5. CB/LB/S

7. xpmar9x

JJ WATT -- 6' 5", 295 lbs
    B WERN -- 6' 4", 265 lbs

Theres an inch and 30 pounds of difference. JJ Watt is massive, he would be a DT in a 43 scheme. His size and athleticism is off the charts. Werner is a good athlete, but he's no where near the size of JJ Watt. That's the point I was proving.

8. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

9. xpmar9x

LOL.

Different note: Mike Glennon will be flying up draft boards here soon. Potentially take the #1 QB spot. Yep.

10. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

If we took Manti Teo (MLB) I think we could go 3-4. That may just benefit the Defense as a whole more so than taking a DE in the draft.

Ayers - McCarthey - Teo - Brown (Rotate Whimbley/Morgan/Witherspoon)

Martin - NT(Draft/Fa) - Casey (Rotate Klug, Marks?, DT (Draft/FA)

I think our D just immediately gets better with the added bonus of depth and player personel in the right positions.

What do you guys think?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar