2013 Draft Possibilities

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by satkins2252, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

I can't wait for Tiny Richardson to be draft eligible. Dominated Jarvis Jones and b****slapped Clowney for 99% of the game. If Roos or Stewart leave in FA we need to draft this guy. Certified stud at OT

2. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Alright. Here are my thoughts on some of the top pass rusher prospects...

- Mingo. Fast. Really long. Really raw. Not consistently productive in college. Kind of reminds me of JPP, but he is small.

- Montgomery. Fast. A little bigger than Mingo and generally a better college player. Probably a safer pick.

- Jones. A little inconsistent this year, but a game changer when he is on. Good 3-4 guy, played 4-3 OLB at USC. Probably too small for what the Titans play. The neck thing at USC scares me.

- Damontre Moore. Crazy productive. Has played 3-4 OLB and now a 4-3 DE.

- Werner. Stats aren't huge and I haven't watched him, but I've only heard good things about him and his motor. Like Mingo, hasn't played football a ton, so there is a lot of potential.

- Dion Jordan. Tall and lean. Crazy quick.

- Okafor. Probably more of a true 4-3 DE than anyone else here. Played DT which helped a ton.

I'd be happy with any of these guys, except maybe Jordan. With that said, I don't think the Titans go pass rusher in the 1st. They are pretty heavily vested in Wimbley and Morgan. I want Hankins or a safety.

3. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Jordan would be the upside draft pick to me out of who you listed.

Oakfor? I really don't see why anyone is diggin this cat. Nor Montgomery, both do NOT flash elite athleticism.

4. FLA Titans Fan

FLA Titans Fan The GM

5. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I don't really like Okafor, but he is bigger and he has produced. My gut tells me if we pick a DE, that is who we get. Montgomery is FAST. Everyone talks about Mingo, but Montgomery is just as fast, 15 lbs heavier, and actually produces.

Jordan is probably comparable to Mingo. I'll try to watch him more before the year is up.

6. Clark

So now that ayers has officially switched to DE... Can we draft Te'o? Slide him to strong side or maybe slide McCarthy strong side? Im not sure McCarthy could do it. But I'd be interested in seeing something like that. He's been the most productive defensive player in college this year...

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I think McCarthy played all three spots at Miami, so he probably could do it. We still need defensive line help a lot more than linebacker help though.

8. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

I think what we really need to do via free agent or draft is to get a shutdown corner. Someone who can play man up and jam the receivers at the line of scrimmage. I don't know if it is Gray's scheme or lack or faith in our corners to cover. But playing 10 yards off the los is not giving our guys time to pass rush.

Depending where we end up drafting I wouldn't mind seeing this

Round 1: Kawann Short DT
    Round 2: Jonathan Banks CB

I'm hoping we get some wins and draft the middle of the first so the Star and Hankins might be gone. I'm also hoping Jonathan Banks stay under the radar. He's bigger corner with speed has played both corner and safety. If he produces a good combine I wouldn't be upset if we snag him in the first.

9. Clark

Only thing is McCarthy is like 237... Really like the 255 cats as a Strong side Lb.

10. Clark

Also.. This is a deep D line class coming out. Some of these cats will slide into that second round. I'd rather have a sure thing in Te'o than a possible star in one of the 1st round DEs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar