2013 Draft Possibilities

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by satkins2252, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Also, if Brandon Jenkins of FSU falls in this draft, the team that gets him is going to be extremely happy...dude is a monster. Taught Bjoern everything he knows!! haha

2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Word. And unfortunately he will rise in the draft.... A lot

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Ezekiel Ansah
    6'6 270 DE

Every year there are a few players that are totally off the map who are able to find playing time as seniors and grab the attention of NFL scouts. BYU hybrid linebacker Ezekiel Ansah fits that description as a virtual unknown a few months ago, but is now shooting up draft boards as we find out more about the disruptive defender. Originally a track athlete at BYU, he decided to try football so he went to the Cougars' coaching staff in 2010 and worked his way onto the team. Ansah, who was born and raised in Ghana, entered the 2012 season with just 10 career tackles on his resume, but earned a starting job as a senior and hasn't disappointed. Against Utah State last Friday, he set career-bests with 3.0 tackles for loss and 2.0 sacks, pushing his season totals to 27 total tackles, 9.5 tackles for loss, 3.0 sacks and three pass break-ups. Listed at 6-6 and 270 pounds, Ansah is a freakish athlete with an outstanding blend of length, speed and natural power. He plays all over the front-seven for BYU, lining up with his hand in the dirt at defensive end or standing up at linebacker and dropping into coverage. Ansah has a flexible, fluid body type and is an effortless mover, exploding in any direction and chasing down the ballcarrier. He is obviously very raw having so little experience playing the sport, but already he has showed improved recognition skills and hand use. Ansah is just scratching the surface on what he can do and, like Jason Pierre Paul a few years back, NFL scouts are wondering just how high his ceiling can be. Don't be surprised if Ansah continues to produce, tests off the charts in pre-draft work outs and ends up as a top-50 draft pick. - Dane Brugler, NFLDraftScout.com

He didn't even play FOOTBALL until 2010, at all. Honestly, I think he will end up being a 2nd rounder. 6'6 270, SUPER raw, has played DE, DT, OLB, ILB for BYU, and is putting up numbers. Add in a solid combine, and this dude could fly up the boards.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'm really up and down on this. People think that we can just switch to the 3-4 and magically be better.

5. Clark

The idea of a 34 is an attacking defense. What we are doing now isn't even running by traditional defense measures. We are the 2nd team ever to allow 30+ points per game for the first 5.....

That is the most unacceptable stat line I've seen yet. Jerry greys defense is pudding and every QB can just tear it apart. We are scaring no one by backing of 10 yards every play. Roethlisburger is gonna make us look like some pop Warner team quick. That is SCHEME.

do I think that it's a magical change? No. But 34 attacks with confusion and aggressive play calls.... Something grey has none of.

The front end MUST get to the QB quicker so our pudding secondary isn't at an unfair balance the entire game. Then we need to secondary to keep coverage for those 4/5 seconds well enough to cause mistakes or the QB to hold on to it longer creating a coverage sack.

Right now.... We get NO pressure and our safeties cover NOTHING... It's like a constant cover zero with no pressure... It's insane how bad this is. It's fire worthy RIGHT NOW. Smmfh we gotta try something.

6. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

34 would be a disaster. Brown would be useless in a 34. His greatest strength is speed which is not as important as a 3-4 LB. In addition, he is terrible when it comes to taking on blockers. McCarthy too is better suited to a 4-3. As are Klug and Martin. In a 3-4 you need D linemen who can in against the OL. These are attack and react linemen. In a 3-4 you need read and react linemen. We would need to replace almost our entire front 7 to have a good 3-4.
    • Ayers could make the switch
    • Wimbley might be better
    • Jasey may be able to handle it
    • McCarthy could make the switch but would not be as good
    All others would need to go.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Clark

For arguments sake. If we stay 43 and we still grab Star. A DE in the second. A Safety and a guard/center in the 3rd?

I think it's paramount we retool the line regardless and get a starting safety back there...

I'm impressed with Martin and Casey. But both could be rotational with Star in the line up. Klug unfortunately has show nothing this year and marks is gone most likely. So those would be our 4 DTs.

Our DEs are just garbage tho. So by some chance we land a good 2nd pick/DE to either start over wimbley and keep Morgan in as run stopping or just go wimbley and rookie... Has to change.

Griffin must get replaced even with this stupid extension... Why??? Did we do this?

This is all with of course a new coaching staff

8. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I would say we need a free agent saftey. Ed Reed is an FA. He is old I know but still in good shape and his leadership is exactly what we need. Look at what an old Rod Woodson did for Baltimore and Oakland late in his career. He could help get a younger guy ready. Draft is a better spot for a DE. Teams keep good DEs meaning those that hit free agency have issues and often end up over paid.

9. Clark

Does Ed reed actually leave Baltimore tho? Or does he just retire.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Clark

I think we have all seen what a top DT does for a team when we had haynseworth. I think star would be just what we need up the middle along with another 2nd round DE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar