2013 Draft Possibilities

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by satkins2252, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J Falk

J Falk Starter

So I'm new to the switching to a 34 idea, but I think I'm a fan now too. We'd definitely draft the DT Star in the first if we did though.

Morgan/Klug Star Casey/Martin​
    Ayers Z. Brown/Spoon McCarthy Wimbley​
    I like it...I think Ayers and Wimbley would be perfect 34 olb's, and if we were to switch, this would be the draft to do it since there are so many good nose tackles..​

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I am very hesitant about switching to a 3-4. I think if we were to do it, it would have been last year.

3. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Right so staying the course would be a better option then?

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Tank Carrdine. Officially my guy.

Leads FSU in sacks, tackles and tackle for loss. Didn't even start the first game because he was Brandon Jenkins' backup.

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

All I am saying, is that doing something drastic just to hope you get results in not always the smartest idea.

We have one guy on our entire roster that has had mild success at a pro level and now everyone just thinks its a good idea to move everyone around and just think they are gonna be okay. We have the pieces in place, it would be easier to just get a new DC after the season is through than to hope we hit with the 3-4. You have no idea what kind of problems we could have if we switched to a 3-4 and it did not pan out.

Implement it in the next 2-3 years, yea sure. But that would just keep us for building up what we have already tried to do.

6. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

I'm not so sure we don't have applicable pieces right now to run a 34 out side of NT.... And honestly. The weak cover 2 zone looks have just failed... It's failed.... We have NO pressure. Thankfully for ayers he's been the bright spot on blitzing.... OLB ayers? Such a stretch? Putting wimbley back at OLB? Stretch?

I'm not exactly saying we run this idea with our current D coordinator... I think he doesn't attack enough.... Replace him. Try again. Unfortunate but sticking with what doesn't work..... Really?

7. Clark

On top of that, with wimbley and ayers having experience blitzing from the standing OLB position... Makes us more versatile. Either can drop and cover and either could blitz... Which side is gonna blitz? Isn't this the key? Confusion?

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Oh no, Grey needs to go regardless and I think having a new guy can fix or D and stay as a 3-4 without having to mix things up like that.

9. Clark

I think to fully fix this defense requires a complete schematic/theory change. If we stay as a 43 we need to man up a lot more and be able to get pressure from our front 4... Something we have failed at entirely. Morgan isn't getting the pressure and neither is wimbley. So we must draft a monster DE... Plus hope our personnel is good at man defense... (I honestly think this is one of the biggest problems)

Changing to a 34 only changes our front end scheme and puts current players in different roles of blitzing. Putting Casey and Martin on the ends makes sense because both have played the eating role on the inside. Drafting a BIG NT to space eat makes them perfect candidates to push the, outside and eat blocks for the blitzes. The coverage gets to remain primarily the same zone schemes that they are comfortable with. Going this route I think we have to draft a NT in the first and a Safety in the second tho.

Ayers... Right size, shows some spark at blitzing... Wimbley... Previous experience on a pretty good Oakland D.

Brown and McCarthy continue their basic roles as cover and run stopping lbs...

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

You make valid points, but I agree. I think our biggest issue is our pass rush. So either way, that needs to be our first pick. I think our corners are good at man coverage. They just get put in bad position.

But we need a pass rusher, and a very good one. Safety will just be a waste of a pick if Grey is still here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar