2013 Draft Possibilities

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by satkins2252, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Do you guys think Darick(sp) Rodgers might be worth picking up in the late rounds? He is in a super small local college and will probably not get noticed. Worth having for Britt insurance IMO.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

You'd be replacing Britt with Britt, IMO.

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

As far as injuries go or legal issues? Or both lol.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

^^^^^^^^^
    What he said.

I agree we need a big dude in the middle. I'm starting to really like Hankins outta Ohio St, esp since it looks like a top 10 pick for us. Lotulelei and Short are also big 1st round DT's that I like.

1.Hankins DT
    2.Jeffcoat DE
    3.Lester SS
    4.OL
    4(comp) OL

6. J Falk

J Falk Starter

I still would not spend a 1st round pick on a DT when DE, S, and interior OL is more of a need...like I said, we have Casey, Klug, Martin and Marks...let them develop a little bit before spending a first on another...

Also, can we stop talking about WR's?!?! lol, even IF Britt goes down again, we will still have enough talent at the position.

We need to improve at DE, S, G, C, DT, CB, and RB all before we improve on WR.

7. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

All of a sudden we are relying on Marks, really? His contract is also up at the end of the season Martin has looked a little out of his league in my opinion, but I'd never say that to his face. Klug is situtational interior rusher, that hasn't done much ruhing yet.

I think we are crying out for a 310+ run stuffing animal of a DT.

I agree with ur needs listed, but if a Lotulelei or Hankins is there when we pick that would be tough to pass on

8. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

1. Star Lotulelei - NT Utah State.
    2. Kenny Vaccaro - S, Texas
    3. Margus Hunt - DE, SMU
    4. Travis Long - OLB, Washington State
    5. Dalton Freeman - C, Clemson
    6. Dexter McCoil - FS, Tulsa
    7. Chris Jacobson - G, Pittsburgh

The beginning to our new 3-4 :).

Cut or trade Wiffin, and sign a veteran center for god's sake and a big body to eat some space at NT and this draft would be nice.

9. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I got a late round guy --- Michael Zordich FB Penn State. He can block, catch, and he has ran the ball quite a bit this year. More importantly, he (and LB Mike Mauti) is one of the guys that has held that team together. Super football smart, too. His dad is a coach for the Eagles.

10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

3-4 Draft:

1st: OLB
    (we need or DeMarcus Ware/Aldon Smith. Honestly, I haven't looked into 34 OLBs enough to make a judgement. Mingo and Jarvis Jones seem to be the front runners)
    2nd: Khaled Holmes, C, USC
    (our biggest need is to fix the run blocking)
    3rd: Bacarri Rambo, S, UGA
    3rd (comp for Finnegan): Stepfan Taylor, RB, Stanford
    4th: OG
    5th: NT
    6th: Ray-Ray Armstrong, SS, ex-Miami
    7th: Random no name corner

New 3-4 front 7 lineup:

-------- Casey -- 5th Rounder/FA --- Klug/Martin ----------
    1st Rounder ----- McCarthy -- Spoon ------------------- Ayers

Morgan doesn't really fit as a 34 DE or a 34 OLB, not sure what we'd do with him. Honestly, this front 7 doesn't look that bad. McCarthy in a 34 seems like a natural fit, i.e Sean Lee (not because there white), both undersized but physical. Ayers was considered a 34 OLB coming out, we just need that true pass-rusher.

Look @ how the Texans went from being the worst D in '10 to best in '12. Switched to the 34 thanks to Wade Phillips. They added solid pieces in early rounds, and wa-lah in two years.. they have an elite defense. Obviously easier than said. But think about it, in two years... Locker will have experience, Britt will either be legit or out. Wright should be very good. CJ will be gone, and replaced with a RB who tries. We'd have a new OL (Stewart & Roos might both be on the line still, but older).

Munch has gotta consider it for real this year.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar