2013 Draft Possibilities

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by satkins2252, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerseyTitan

JerseyTitan Rookie

Dion Jordan from Oregon is a 6'7" 250 lb DE/OLB. He's so long and athletic that Oregon sometimes puts him in the the slot to cover receivers!

2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Barkevious Mingo, Jr, LSU, 6'4 240 -immediately looks like a rush Lb to me in size and agility. Not the right fit for us.
    Bjoern Werner, Jr, Fla St, 6'4 260 - looks slow to me, more of a run stopper than pass rusher. Edit*** the way xpmar9x was talking about him i thought i might have missed something. I decided to go look at him some more. Against Wake Forrest, fast edge, good power. Solid looking player I didn't see initially. I think he could have a really good dip move from the looks of it.
    Jarvis Jones, Jr, UGA, 6'2 242 - speed edge rusher. 34 fit for sure.
    Sam Montogmery, rJr, LSU, 6'5 260 - big boy, run stopper build. I didn't notice much variety in the pass rush moves.
    Jackson Jeffcoact, Jr, Texas, 6'5 245 - average consistency, average effort. Doesn't have a quick first step. Gets mauled in run game.
    Corey Lemonier, Jr, Auburn, 6'3 242 - looks and plays bigger than 242. Great first step. Great speed to power transition. 1A
    Alex Okafor, Sr, Texans, 6'5 265 - run stopper. Didn't see the high level of athleticism I'd like.
    William Gholston, Jr, Mich St, 6'6 278 - very active player. Looks the part. Raw pass rush moves. Lanky looking. 1B

Lemonier the more complete out of the two, gholston probably higher upside.

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Werner - #1
    Lemonier - #2
    Jeffcoat - #3
    Gholston - #4

thats how I see it.

4. xpmar9x

[​IMG]

Looks bigger than 242.

Oh, and on tape he reminds me of Vinny Curry.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. J Falk

J Falk Starter

What we STILL need(in order of most to least):
    1)CENTER!!!! Our running game is horrible MAINLY because of the blocking...we bring in a center that can block/make the right calls and bring some chemistry to the line. This could make our offense one of the best we've ever seen as Titans fans.
    2)Pass Rushing DE- The Titans have always been best when we've had 3 or 4 guys that can rotate in and make the QB's day hell. We have Wimbley and Morgan, but we desperately need one more guy.
    3)Run Stuffing DT- We have all these little pass rushing DT's that get plowed against run blocking...Casey, Klug and Martin are great players, but we still need a BIG BOY that will help us against the run(something we desparately need)
    4)Strong Safety- Can Robert Johnson develop into a good player? I doubt it...we need a leader in the secondary AND a good player...
    5)Nickelback- I like our starters, but Campbell clearly isn't developing as a CB like we wanted...maybe Sensabaugh will turn into this guy before the end of the year.
    6) Runningback- Who knows what will happen here.

Barrett Jones looks like a great pick to me right now, but so do the LSU DE's, the Florida State DE, and a few of the big ole DT's that are projected to go in the first...I don't usually like to look at draft stuff this early, but our team needs so many improvements it's kind of hard not to.

6. xpmar9x

Center almost never go in the first round. But, I agee that center is our #1 need.

This is proabbly #1A need. Wimbley gets after the QB, but he's our ONLY pass rusher and is getting doubled. Bring pressure from the opposite side would be huge. NFL Math... Pressure/Sacks = TOs/BetterSecondary/Wins

I disagree with this. Casey and Martin are both big boys, 6'1 300 and 6'1 306 is plenty big. Or do you want another Big Boy like Shaun Smith ;)

We just spent money on getting Griff and Babineaux back, bad mistake. I've been saying all along that Babs was overrated because he was replacing Hope who was awful. He's a good player, but some posters thought he was the answer.. no he was a fix, that's it. Plenty of safeties available, I can't see us replacing Griff because of his contract.. atleast for another year. Don't count out Markelle Martin (I loved him in college); oh, and there's plenty of solid safeties this year.

Wrooooooooooooong. Ryan Mouton has been VERY impressive at nickleback. When Tommie is in, he's always on the outside and Verner moves to nickle. No need, at all.

Huh? Everyone knows... CJ Sucks. Problem solved. 9 QBs have outrushed CH so far this season, including Ryan, Cassel, Alex Smith, and Ftizpatrick. Runningback is a huge need, CJ doesn't run with purpose or show any effort. We need a 2nd-3rd round RB.

7. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

William Gholston scares the heck out of me. He has all the potential in the world but I don't think he will be much better then his brother Vernon. I just haven't seen any development in his pass rushing ability. Gholston is a project and would be a major reach in the first round.

8. J Falk

J Falk Starter

No, more like a Big Boy like Vince Wilfork ;) Obviously the guys we have aren't big enough to hold their ground against run blockers. 451 yards in 3 games against teams that aren't even good running teams...Can't wait to see what happens when we play a good running back!!

Really?? To say any one player on our defense has been VERY impressive is WROOOOOOOONG...Tommie Campbell has barely even played any defense...he's mainly been used on special teams. And Mouton? he'll get hurt in a week. Another CB is definitely a top 5 need on this team

9. xpmar9x

LOL I'll give you that. But, Mouton has been very impressive this year. I hate the dude ever since he lost us the Jets game.. but his play this year has changed my mind.

10. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Well, atleast Mouton's good at talkin ****

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar