2013-2014 College Football Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by The Playmaker, Sep 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Razorbacks

Razorbacks #WooPIgSooie

Brilliant win by OU. No excuses, everyone brought their game and OU was the better team. What a great game.

As far as the whole "sec is overrated" garbage that is really really getting old :deadhorse: Yes, these last few seasons the SEC has been in a slump and all it takes is for a few good non conference teams to expose that. However there is no denying that the Southeastern Conference has dominated the last decade of college football. So of coarse when we our teams give up some high profile losses, non conference fans tear into it like a bunch of starving castaways diving into a Waffle House Grand Slam.

With all that said, I really do think this loss was a good thing for Alabama. I doubt Bama fans see it that way right now but there was nowhere for them to go but down.. now they have gone down losing the west to Auburn and now to OU in the Sugar Bowl. A little humble pie every now and again it a good thing, if you dont have enough pie to go around you can have some of Arkansas' :giggle:

If this is the season the SEC loses the NC, so be it. So i'll end this by quoting the great 20th century philosopher Mystikal, "Ah stick ya chest out, keep your chin up .. 'Cause sometimes you gotta get knocked down to get up"

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

While bowl games are fun, they really don't mean much anymore. For 16 years there has only been one game that mattered. Next year there will be three! Yay, I'm sure there will be zero controversies with four teams deciding a 100+ team league championship.

3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

The playoff system is going to be horrible, even more controversy than now.

4. XO

XO Nevada Native

Needs to be immediately expanded to 8 teams.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I think it has to be 16 and mega conferences.

It's still going to be pretty easy to argue over a one loss 8th vs one loss 9th team. Arguing 16 vs 17 is much much more difficult.

It's already going this direction just slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowly.

6. The Playmaker

-OU really impressed me last night, they definitely wanted it more.
    -It's whatever, rest of the country is tired of hearing about Bama and the rest of the SEC and I wouldn't blame them if I was out of the SEC area.
    -I agree, read the postgame quotes from the players and they acted like the Sugar Bowl wasn't a big deal, couldn't believe it. They slacked off a majority of their games this year and finally got burned. I hope ESPN and Bayless and the rest of them keep talking about the game so it lights a fire under them.

7. The Playmaker

I would be okay with 8 teams. Playoff game for every BCS bowl and then just pick venues for the last 3 games.

8. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Taj Boyd with the 49 yard TD run.

9. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Braxton Miller counters it with his own 33 yard TD..

10. The Playmaker

all of the QB runs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar