2012 Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Dec 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

As far as Cook goes, I think he's a restricted free agent. No way we don't low-round tender him(third round pick because of his draft selection) and see if he can do more than dominate the last three games of 2012.

2. Na$hville

Na$hville Veteran

Griffin is sorry. He acts like he's scared to tackle someone. We need someone that will hit hard and make some plays.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Griff kills me when I see him make a play 1-2 feet past the first down marker. Hustle you turd!

4. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

If we do get a RB in the draft i'd love to get Robert Turbin.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. thickfreakness

thickfreakness Practice Squad

Wish we had the luxury of drafting someone like Barron, to offset Griffin's lack of intensity, but we have bigger needs, unfortunately.

6. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Realistically I can see us drafting barron if our other top prospects are off the board when we pick. and also considering what we do in free agency. That will be a tell tale sign.

7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

After watching Griffen limp noodle tackle whoever he was around, not much is a higher need at this point.

Seriously, its insulting to the rest of the defense to have him back there. I for one, hope we refuse to sign him, if he even wants to stay.

8. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

My plan for 2012. Number 1 priority is to sign Scott wells in free agency. We have to solidify the OL. I think Wells is the best center available. I then try to draft an OG in the 3rd or 4th rnd. I try to add another WR via the draft in one of the earlier rnds. I make sure to give Locker plenty of weapons. I keep CJ and Cook.

On defense I sign Finny and Jones long term. I also resign Babineaux who will come cheaper than Griffin. In the draft I look hard at drafting a safety or Lber in the 1st. We have to get better at covering athletic TEs.

I think by improving our offense we will improve our run defense because we will force teams to pass more and that is why I don't focus on the DL too much.

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Why would you cut Jason Jones? He's our BEST DL. Yes, he doesn't get legit sack numbers. But he's very solid against the run, and gets pressure on the QB still. He's not a pass-rushing DE, that's what our weakside DE should be doing.

My plan:
    #1 FA (realistic) Target: Nick Hardwick. Vet C, that could be our interior OL fix.

Draft:
    DE (passrushing), OG, WR, DT, SS (in no order). Really just need play makers! Some names (that would be avail around us): Devon Still, Mark Barron, Michael Floyd, Coples, Wright, and there's other playmakers at other positions id consider (like OLB).

My fav draft would do Devon Still (1st), Mark Barron (2nd), OG (3rd). If Barron fell like safties last year.

Then grow around our young playmaking core: Britt, Locker, Ayers, Casey, Still, Barron, McCarthy, and Klug. Vet leaders: Nate, Finnegan, Jason Jones, and Griff (if resigned).

10. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Some have said that Gray would like to transition to the 3-4. Well if he wants to make that move then I would look to draft Ingram or Upshaw. I think both of them have the skills to be very good OLBers in the 3-4 scheme. This would give us Ayers and one of them as our OLBers. McCarthy in the middle paired with another vet ILBer. Have Klug and Jones play DE and Casey as the NT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar