2012 Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Dec 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

I've said this before but I need to say it again due to the content of this post. I was worried about the players coming up for contract this year. After watching the team this year and the year before, I'm no longer worried about it. These guys, as a team, have not produced much in the way of Wins. New faces or, younger faces, might be what we need.
    This is a list of players I think we could do without;
    Amano (he couldn't block my Mom)
    Graham
    Hawkins, Lavell (cut our losses)
    Harris
    Hayes
    Hope
    Johnson ($$$$$) He played better humbled!
    Jason Jones
    Marks
    Scott
    Stevens
    Witherspoon

These are questionable;
    Babineaux
    Cook (he had ONE good game)
    McRath
    Morgan
    Ruud
    Shaw
    Rusty Smith
    Mouton

2. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

Rusty Smith would be #1 on my list, waste of a roster spot IMO

3. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

I think if they have another good draft in 2012 like we did in 2011 then we could definitely be a playoff caliber team and build from this better than expected season we had this year.We should have a better line next year plus a healthy Britt and possibly add another WR from the draft or free agency.The defense is young and only going to get better as time goes on.As soon as we got Hasselbeck I predicted before this season that we would be 9-7 or 8-8 and i was pretty much on the mark.If everything goes well and no major injuries occur i think we have at least an 11-5 and at the very least a 10-6 team next season.

Looking at the schedule next year some of the teams we play Green Bay,Detroit,Chicago,New England,NY Jets and most likely Pittsburgh.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yeah. I guess that one game got him within 73 yards of the all time franchise record, right?

My god... our fans make me want to quit this team just so I'm not associated with them.

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Cook is 11th in the league in receiving yards among TEs.

He has the 3rd most YPC among TEs with more than 10 catches.

He is T-2nd for plays over 40y (with 2, Gronk is leading with 3)

Yes, we need to utilize his size and ability more in the RZ, but that's hardly Cooks fault.

He has doubled his yards, trippled his TDs and improved his YPC from last year.

Cut him? -Idiot :nono::gah:

• High Five High Five x 7
  6. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

First of all, thanks for starting up a new thread. Always good to start up new conversations. Second, I didn't give you an it sucks because I think your post is bad, I just disagree with it...very strongly.

We'd be cutting half the team (literally) according to your list. In order to have a SB caliber team you have to have good starters AND good backups. We can't have a team full of all-stars. We wouldn't have the cap room and as Philly found out this year, you can't buy a championship.

Hawkins, Hayes, Witherspoon, Stevens, and Jason Jones are all quality players. Hawkins may never break 1,000 yards, but he provides us with reliable depth and he's proven he can make plays. Cook and CJ...don't really know why you think they need to be cut. Jason Jones was showing major promise as a DT and this is only his 1st year at DE. Stevens has been our most reliable TE this season. Why rebuild when we have working pieces?

I agree with you that we do have some players we could do without, but you can't cut half the roster and expect the team to pickup where they left off.

Hopefully we have another solid draft and are able to build upon this year. I don't believe a massive overhaul is what is needed at all in TN. We're a game out of playoffs and have showed some promise against some quality teams this year.

I think we're on the right path, we just need some more minor adjustments.

7. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Yep.. Sometimes what's out there is worse than what you have.. You take players for granted sometimes..

Perfect example.. A lot of Titans fans weren't a big fan of Tulloch (me included) but replacing him with Ruud? (we got pretty lucky with Mccarthy)

8. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

I've been critical of him in the past but i have to hand it to GM Mike Reinfeldt he had a really good draft this year and brings in decent talent without breaking the bank or using up a ton of cap room.Only signing i did not care for was Barrett Ruud but he hit the bullseye drafting Mccarthy so that panned out and the rookie quickly made us forget Ruud.He did an excellent job of bringing in Matt Hasselbeck and i also liked the Babineaux signing.Remember that Reinfeldt put together that Seattle team that went to the Super Bowl about a half decade ago and the leader of that team was Matt Hasselbeck.Got to remember Green Bay built its team mostly through the draft and all they do is win.The most important thing is it all comes down to the QB.The Packers drafted Aaron Rodgers and he is doing great.I hope we find similar success down the line with Jake Locker.I love that Jake has a really good attitude,work ethic,leadership skills plus he can play too.The foundation for a winning team is coming together for us piece by piece and player by player.Hopefully it all comes together for Tennessee like it did for Green Bay.

9. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

Not to mention that "one game" was the best any TE has had this year in terms of yardage, 11th best since NFL-AFL merger. THE MERGER.

10. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

And he caught everything that was thrown at him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar