2012 Draft Prospects

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Sep 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

My early list in no particular order:

Jared Crick DL Nebraska
    Dwayne Allen TE Clemson
    Dwight Jones WR UNC
    Dre Kirkpatrick CB Alabama
    Michael Brewster C Ohio State
    Mark Baron S Alabama
    Vontaze Burfict MLB ASU

I'm a little apprehensive about Burfict, only because if you're going to take a MLB in the first round, I feel he should be a guy who can transform the defense.

*Note: Not all of these guys are first round picks(particularly Dwight Jones), they're just guys that I like.

2. Baron or Burfict imo.

3. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

WVU alumni here.... take a look at Bruce Irvin...
    BBBRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCEEEE!!!!!!!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6leAL3eK9jo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6leAL3eK9jo[/ame]

4. Irvin should be a VOL!!!!!

Damn SEC extra math class requirement made him look elsewhere.

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I wouldn't touch Floyd in the 1st round when we have bigger needs at SS and LB. The WR and OL positions are pretty deep and unless we get have a chance at a top 2/3 prospect at that position I say wait. Floyd is a great talent but his injury issues scare me and so does his off field issues. Britt has both of those problems, we want another Britt?

After watching more of Burfict I would love to grab him in the 1st, followed by a SS (Barron, Lester, Armstrong), then WR and OL in the order of BPA.

6. Burfict has that "I'll kill a motherf*cker" swag. Bring him to me, Mike.

7. Carp

Carp Starter

I think SS can be addressed via FA again. Whoever we draft, unless we spend a 1st rounder, most likely won't be as big of a contributor right away as someone we could obtain through FA. So I wouldn't draft a SS before the 3rd round.

Ryan Broyles , WR Oklahoma would be a really good way to spend a 2nd rounder. 1st rounder should be spent on defense. Melvin Ingram, Burfict, Luechly would be my first choices in this years draft.

8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I don't think so. Here's all the S FAs that are note worthy:

Michael Griffin
    Jordan Babineaux
    Chris Hope
    Thomas DeCoud
    Dashon Goldson
    Chris Harris
    LaRon Landry
    Jim Leonhard
    Brandon Meriweather
    Kevin Payne
    Bob Sanders
    Gerald Sensabaugh
    Tom Zbikowski

Chances we re-sign Griff and another legit starting SS isn't very good. Not to mention we also have FAs like Ken Amato, Dave Ball, Cortland Finnegan, Ahmard Hall, Lavell Hawkins, William Hayes, Jason Jones, Barrett Ruud, Jake Scott, Craig Stevens, Fernando Velasco that we'll be trying to resign (of course not all of them). I doubt we have a ton of money to go after a starting SS also. Therefore I think a 1st or 2nd round SS is needed.

9. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

really wish we could switch Finny to safety....he played that position in college..
    HEY! LETS SIGN BOB SANDERS!!!! TROLLOLOLOLOL

10. Carp

Carp Starter

Well, much like this past off-season, I think we'll let go guys like Amato, Hayes, Rudd, Babineaux, etc. With the money saved, we'll make a couple FA splashes like we always do (low key, signable guys like Babineaux and Rudd were). I think one of the positions will be SS. Sensabaugh would be my preference. If we offered him 2 years at 10 million or 3 years at 12 million (with like 7 million guaranteed) I think he'd sign.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar