2011 NFL free agents

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by therealtrueblue, Jan 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. therealtrueblue

therealtrueblue Camp Fodder

all the talk about the draft and we forget the we could still make some upgrades in free agency. here are some of the players i think we should target (that we could realisticly get)

(QB)
    seneca Wallace-wether the starter is VY or a rookie we need a backup and wallace is one the the leagues best
    Matt Hasselbeck-he has not had a good season in 4 years but he would be and upgrade over collins

(HB/FB)
    Mike Tolbert-he would add some much needed power to our running game. ringer is a good back but he is not the power back we need to spell chirs johnson

WR
    Bralon Edwards-he has quietly had a good season despite all of the off field distractions with the jets. his deep threat preasons on the field would for the saifteys to play off more therefore freeing up CJ

OG
    Carl Nicks-one of the best guards in the NFL. the saints have already paid jahri evans a huge sum of money plus goodwin and bushrod are free agents so someone has to go
    Logan Mankins-another one the the top guards in the NFL and it dosnt see like he will get the paycheck he wants with the pats

(3-4DE)
    Shaun Ellis-if we get rid of fisher and we chage scheme then ellis would be a good short term solution at DE

(3-4NT)
    Aubrayo Franklin-also another good player that we could use if we switched schemes. Franklin is one of the better nose tackels in the NFL

(3-4ILB)
    David Harris-the jets have a ton of free agents. harris is very good in run support

(CB)
    Champ Bailey- at 32 he is still one of the leagues best CB. if the titans get rid of finny (who has been sorry this year) champ would be a temporary fix at the problem
    Antonio Cromartie-another one of the jets many free agents. cromartie is not the most technicly sound corners in the NFL but he is still a good one.

those are the players that seem most likley to leave there current teams. with the way that the free agent class is shaping up a switch to a 34 may be a good idea.

there are many more free agents out there that could help us out though

Cedrick Benson(HB)
    Ahmed Bradshaw(HB)
    Ricky Williams(HB)
    Ronnie Brown(HB)
    Mike Sims-Walker(WR)
    Jonathan Goodwin(C)
    Jimmy Wilkerson(43DE)
    Mark Anderson(43DE)
    Anthony Hardgrove(43DL)
    Erick Foster(43DT)
    John Henderson(DT/NT)
    Fabain Washington(CB)
    Drayton Florence(CB)
    Stanford Routt(CB)
    Gerald Sensabaugh(SS)

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

My bet: We won't sign one of these guys. :(

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. TNTitan277

TNTitan277 Camp Fodder

Albert Haynesworth will be available :)

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Here's some more free agents to look at;
    Bo Scaife
    Jeff Fisher
    Thorton
    Chris Hope
    Hopefully someone will free us of these guys!
    I heard Miami and the 49rs are ready to take Fisher.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Fat Al said he would want to come back here, but only if Fisher is still coach.

There is just no way the Chargers would give up Tolbert. If he's available we would be foolish not to sign him.

6. BigD73OT

BigD73OT NFL Free Agent

Well I think Dinger's system works better with someone who can throw from the pocket. VY can at time but isn't consistent. There aren't many free agents who suit those needs, other than Peyton and I don't see the Colts letting him walk.

RB- Michael Bush, Le'Ron McClain

WR- I really don't see much of a "NEED" here. Kenny Britt is clearly a number 1 WR now. Damian Williams can be a solid number 2 guy and I think Nate Washington would work very well in the slot.

DL- Bring back Fat Al,Resign Babin,and maybe bring in a guy like Ray Edwards for rotation.

LB- If Tully isn't resigned a guy like D'Qwell Jackson could be an improvement. Stewart Bradley or Clint Session would also be good options.

S- Chris Hope is slacking off. Myron Rolle could turn into a very good player but I think there is still a veteran need in the backfield.

7. SchindlersFist

SchindlersFist Camp Fodder

we dont run a 3-4...

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

If we sign every Vol lineman on that list we could.

9. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

champ bailey would be AMAZING

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I don't really see a need for RB, Ringer is doing a really good job. WR could be improved once Moss leaves Sims-Walker would be interesting. On defense we pretty much need help at every position because we need a lot of depth at DL, our LB's aren't consistent, and our DB's are just huge question marks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar