2010 Offseason Preview

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Sep 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

It's no secret that we will be in trouble when the offseason comes around. 2 reasons why: 1) 2010 may be an uncapped season 2) We're going to lose at least 3 or 4 impact players. I've been one of the members saying we need to win it all now or Bud will never get to see his team win a championship.

Just don't worry about it, sit back, watch the Titans kick :grrr::grrr::grrr:, and enjoy the 2009 season. It shall be a good one.

We're approaching week 2! Let's get a win, talk about the current season, and let our FO worry about the upcoming future of this team.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I thought you didn't want to weigh in on this thread? I wasn't either, but the thread was edited. So I edited my decision to.

3. RavensShallBurn

Mawae WILL retire. That is absolutely obvious. Harper likely will retire, but there's a possibility he could play for just one more season. If he doesn't retire, I don't want him on the team next year. He'd be way, way to old.

Bulluck definitely won't retire. The only way Crump retires is if he gets an injury serious enough that returning wouldn't do any good.

4. RavensShallBurn

I will comment on things that need correction. Other than that, I won't go into detail about the offseason. I'll leave that for mid February. :yes:

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

This is also far too up in the air, because if next year is uncapped, many of those players will not be free agents, because it will take an extra year to qualify. In that case, I believe that Brown, Tulloch, and White would all still be ours for another season.

6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

You all need to calm down.

The uncapped year has way more restrictions which will actually make it harder for players to move.

Teams get two franchise tags. The top 4 teams in the leage can't sign a single free agent unless one of their own Free agents signs for someone else. Then they can only sign as many as they've lost.

Players currently eligible to be free agents after 4 yrs as a pro will have to wait until they have 6 yrs as a pro before becoming free agents.

There are lots more restrictions as well. It will be good for teams wanting to keep who they have and a bad year for teams trying to spend big.

7. 24

24 Starter

Resign Mawae (unless he retires), Brown, Amato, Bulluck, Tulloch, and Fuller. I think KVB has started to regress. LenDale is expendable, and Cook is our future TE.

Sign Dunta Robinson, or some legitimate corner to replace Nick Harper.

Draft a QB, TE, DE, CB.

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Childress...

Where did you see this? How do they determine the top 4 teams?

Gut

9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

Ramsey - they will keep him. I'd let him go.
    White - he's gone.
    Crumpler - bye.
    Scaife - gone if he wants a lot of money. I think he'll be a RFA though.
    Amano - stays for ok starter money. Gone if he wants more...he's the weak link on the line.
    Mawae - bye.
    Tony Brown - keep him if he's not looking to break the bank.
    KVB - unless his pass rush appears, he's gone. He did nothing versus single blocking against the Steelers...we'll see what happens the rest of the way.
    Amato - he blew our first FG with his snap but has been mostly reliable. We'll keep him.
    Bulluck - a must sign.
    Tulloch - we should keep him for solid but not crazy money.
    Harper - we'll offer him solid money but if he wants more...bye bye.
    Fuller - didn't he sign for a few years?
    I think Kearse will be a FA...bye.

We need to go get at least 1 impact player beyond what we have now and really need to sign one for each one lost...especially if we can find a nasty pass rusher and good cover cb to team up with Finny.

I don't see Dallas allowing Ware or Texans allowing Ryans to become free agents.

How did we not get into the Richard Seymour sweepstakes?

Gut

10. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I researched a while back. There's plenty of info out there on what would happen in an uncapped season.

As far as the top 4 teams,at the time I read it as the 4 teams who made it to the Conference Championship games. A quick search now shows it's actually even more restrictive.
    USA Today

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar