2010 Offseason Preview

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Sep 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

So I was just browsing around the Internet and found a link for 2010 NFL Free Agents and noticed that the Titans have alot of players that are on their contract year:

Patrick Ramsey, LenDale White, Alge Crumpler, Bo Scaife, Eugene Amano, Kevin Mawae, Tony Brown, Kyle Vanden Bosch, Ken Amato, Keith Bulluck, Steven Tulloch, Nick Harper, and Vincent Fuller.

That's like 1/4 of our team!!!

Who are the must re-signs?
    Are Mawae, Crumpler, Bulluck, and Harper going to retire?

Also here is some other big name FA's that I wouldn't mind:
    Pierre Thomas or Cadillac Williams (will be cheaper than LenDale) Brandon Marshall, Terrell Owens, Vincent Jackson, Antonio Bryant, Braylon Edwards, DeMarcus Ware, Shawne Merriman, Karlos Dansby, DeMeco Ryans, Kirk Morrison, Julius Peppers, Ray Edwards, Dunta Robinson, Carlos Rodgers, Ellis Hobbs, Terrence McGee, and Tramon Williams.

Draft Wise: I think we'll need to get a QB somewhere in the Draft and this draft is perfect for that. Their is alot of Talented QBs that we could get in later rounds, Zac Robinson (OSU 6'3 219 4.72 40) or Dan LeFevour (CMU 6'3 238 4.71 40) both are predicted to go 4th Round. We also need a corner really bad. That draft is going to depend on the Off-Season we have, if Bulluck leaves will need an OLB, If KVB leaves go with a DE, if Mawae Retires we have LeRoy Harris.

What I wish is that we sign a big name corner back in the off-season so that we don't have to draft one Carlos Rodgers?, re-sign Tulloch, 2-yr extension for KVB, 2-yr extension for Mawae, Re-sign Bo Scaife, and Vincent Fuller.
    I don't think Bulluck is going to be a Titan next year as much as I hate to say it I think it's his time to go. He was a great player but he's starting to go off his prime. I love Bulluck and would love to resign him but I don't think it will happen.

In the draft 1st round pick: Sean Witherspoon (OLB Mizzou), 3rd round: Sergio Kendel (DE Texas), and then a QB.

NEXT YEARS OFF-SEASON IS MORE OF THE REASON WHY WE HAVE TO GO ALL THE WAY THIS YEAR!!!! and we will :p

2. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Ramsey- im not sure
    lendale and bo are definitely gone.
    Lendale can be replaced and bo will want money. also cook will fill in way better and alge just wan't to be a blocker, which he is great as. Also he is mentoring cook.
    I see mawae either retiring or gone, we will resign amato.
    Defensively, keith is the biggest priority, he is consitent and has alot left. KVB on the other hand can be replaced with a younger guy. We bring out the best in d-linemen but we can still sign him. Tully will stay and so will fuller. I think harper stays to. but look for it to be short term and we will go defense in next years draft. Don't look for any notable free agent signings.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yea our front office will be busy this offseason. I figure they'll start resigning guys before the post season. Most likely do it the smart way but not the fun way and resign role payers before giving the big bucks to key guys. Leaving someone out that'll piss us off.

I'd love for Kearse to be back. KVB has to stay healthy and probably has more upside than Kearse if he remains healthy. So it'll likely be one or the other, not both.

LenDale needs to do something really special to stay. Same for Bo and Harper.

4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Before people start going nuts and saying that they want to bring in this FA or that FA, someone needs to say this: most of those players will never hit free agency (particularly the good ones). They will re-sign before their deals expire or be franchised.

The 2010 Titans will not feature Vincent Jackson, Brandon Marshall and Demeco Ryans.

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

So the 2009 season has just begun and we're already talking about the 2010 offseason?

No, no, no, no.

Worry about 2009, not 2010.

6. JCBRAVE

RavensShallBurn,
    I'm with you on what you said, but the reason I addressed the thread was because next years problems could effect this years team. If we have say 10 key players worried about their money situation right now, they might slip up somewhere in 2009. I like how Bulluck is doing his thing today, so he can get paid tomorrow though. That's how I hope all our players handle it, and don't make the mistake of being the distraction that killed our team. if anyone's going to be 'that guy' I'd watch out for LenDale.

7. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

In the business world, we always look into the future. Getting stuck on today, never gets anywhere in the future.

8. Titan_Cam

Titan_Cam Camp Fodder

Vincent Fuller? Didn't we just sign him to a 2 year deal this offseason? Was it only a 1-year deal, or a 1-year with an option?

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

RavensShallBurn the whole point of this post is to proove all of the FAs we could possible lose and why we have to win it all this year.

10. JCBRAVE

Okay xpmar9x I'll humor you.

Mawae, Crumpler, Bulluck, and Harper will NOT retire. If they aren't with us then they will catch on somewhere else. The only way a single one of them does actually retire is if they go out with a bang, and win a ring.

You wouldn't mind some of these guys huh?:
    Pierre Thomas or Cadillac Williams (will be cheaper than LenDale) Brandon Marshall, Terrell Owens, Vincent Jackson, Antonio Bryant, Braylon Edwards, DeMarcus Ware, Shawne Merriman, Karlos Dansby, DeMeco Ryans, Kirk Morrison, Julius Peppers, Ray Edwards, Dunta Robinson, Carlos Rodgers, Ellis Hobbs, Terrence McGee, and Tramon Williams.

I wouldn't mind them either, but I think you know Peppers and Merriman are never going to be in Tennessee playing for the Titans. Think about it. If one of them did come here, that meant KVB or Bulluck was let go. And Bulluck wouldn't demand what they would. Neither would KVB, so we'd keep them way before we got Peppers, and or Merriman. As for T.O. we let him go when Dallas did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar