2010 draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by loulou, Oct 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Berry, Suh, Clausen, or Locker. Those are our guys. I'm confident we'll have one of those 4.

My "dog of the year" or the guy I'd least like to see us realistically pick: Carlos Dunlap.

DHB was that guy for me last year.

2. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Sorry but I 100% disagree. Yea first round QB don't always work but what about when they do? Ryan, Cutler (how is he a bust???), Rivers, Both Mannings, Roethlisberger, Palmer, Flacco, McNabb, and Rodgers. And you talk about mid round QBs, there are so many drafted that don't turn into Brady. In fact other than Brady and maybe Schaub and Orton there really aren't any mid round QBs that turn into franchise QBs. No, depending on finding a QB in the mid rounds is the absolute wrong way to go, I can't agree with you at all.

3. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

The theory of drafting a QB late hoping to get one that slips through the cracks is ridiculous. You don't shoot for late round gems when you're most glaring need is at that position...it rarely works. Please people, forget Tom Brady ever happened.

Did we not learn anything from our past 10 years worth of WRs? Kept drafting and drafting hoping one of those late round boys would turn into an All-Pro. Never happened.

4. onthemove

onthemove Guest

That's fine. I do believe however that on the field, Cutler's compulsive need to force what isn't there (taking bad risks), his win:loss ratio which doesn't help his cause, lame decision making, his crappy leadership- leaving Mile High the way he did (don't get me started- too late), and his unimpressive year with the Bears now (contract extension? You must be kidding. Ask Matt Ryan. Chicago is not as advertised.) These are ingredients for creating a certified bust.

If you like him, then fine. But when Josh McDaniels even mentions an outside offer, no matter how "ugly" the outcome, calling out the head coach, new or not. and crying like a whiny-a** b*tch because 'baby doesn't get his way' only damages any credibility he may have had. Marshall saw it and tried it too-look where that got him. Juvenile, just Juvenile. Football has rules- I don't mean during the game only- and Cutler is not above them. Denver is 6-0 despite their off season antics and losing him! Why aren't da Bears?

These issues he has had as a player so far will catch up with him, because the way I see it, Cutler is a jerk and a loser- he just hasn't left the league yet.

5. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I'm not big on Cutler either but he's not a bust or a disappointment. But the fact remains, hoping to strike gold in the middle rounds of the draft is foolish. If that's like your plan going into the draft and you in need a of a QB, it wont work. For every Tom Brady there's about a hundred Dan Orlovskys or John Navarres.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

what has carlos dunlap done to warrant a top 5 pick? he has 12 sacks in 2 and a half years.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Dunlap is garbage.

8. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I'm really starting to believe that Ndamukong Suh is the best player in the draft. Grabbing him in the early first and a QB like Pike (don't know enough about him but he's intriguing) in the early 3rd (may have to trade up to the 2nd) sounds like the ideal draft to me.
    <object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/413Gsstr6WE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/413Gsstr6WE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

9. AH3

AH3 Rookie

With how much money we would have to pay a first round QB, it's not worth it. We picked VY at pick 3 a little bit ago and still have him. IMO, we can't justify spending another top 5 pick on a QB this soon. A lot will depend on VY's play the rest of this year. But with CJ and our O-line, we shouldn't need a standout QB. We have talent on offense, but just need to use it. We need more talent at D though.

Also, a lot of those guys you named were picked in the mid-late first round and weren't the top QB prospect of their year. And for every star 1st round QB, there's a bust (Russell, Alex Smith, Ryan Leaf, Leinart- just to name a few). None of this year's guys seem like even great QB prospects to me, so why waste money and a pick trying to grab the 1 good one out of 5-6 busts?

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Eric Berry!

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar