2010 draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by loulou, Oct 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

We don't run a 3-4, so the point about Hampton has no relevance. Washburn wants quicker DTs and Cody is far from quick.

2. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Of course we don't run a 3-4, but Hampton, and possibly Cody would be a beast in a 4-3. This weird belief that every player that plays in a 4-3 can't play in a 3-4 and vice versa is nonsense.

3. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

You don't spend a top-10 pick on a one dimensional DT if you run a 4-3. The Titans have had a chance to sign a player like Cody (Grady Jackson) numerous times in the past few years and haven't done it....because he doesn't fit what they want to do.

Terrence Cody is the poster-child for 3-4 NT and unless we're converting over, he won't be a Titan.

4. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

We likely passed on Jackson because of health concerns. Still, he went on to play for the Jags that season, who were also playing a 4-3, and he had a monster season.

Again, this train of thought is ridiculous.

Can he bottle up the run?................................ Check
    Can he get a huge rush up the middle?............... Check
    Does he give us versatility?.............................. Check

Should we sign him?

Nope, he's too heavy. :crazy:

5. MOB-TARCIZ21

MOB-TARCIZ21 Camp Fodder

a few things i have read that i like.

1. trading down- get out of a top ten pick plus you get back the second rnd that wasnt wasted on cook.

2. Yes Jason Cambel-he will be a FA next year, n no he was not benched cus he sucks...the redskins blow more then we do this season, i call better plays then zorn. Jason has a rocket arm hes just not fit for zorns offence.

3.bringing back pack-man ould be sweet can return the ball plus work around the nickel maybe work his way into a starter....if not pack sign a corner for harper he blows dick.

prospects that i love

1. SUH is a beast 300 dt that moves like a linbacker, seen him play twice this year...kucfed up every player in front of him. we need preasure up the middle hes the one who will do it

2. Gerald McCoy compared to warren sapp n tommie harris....like suh hes mobile like a backer either of these guysw would be great picks they play every postion on the d line for thier teams

3. Brandon Graham- yes another d-linemen talk crap about em but look at the d now that al is gone graham has a crazy motor runs across the field on sweeps to make the tackel, plus hes big can move him in at dt on pass situations

4. Spikes, i dont need to say much... crazy motor, plays sideline to sideline. "we dont use a mlb in are d" bullskip hes a leader like ray ray, a force of nature on the field. plus the top backers taken have done really good the past two years

5. Taylor Mays- he can play box safety or deep safety. i love mike griff but imo hes more suited for deep safety so mays would be f'in sweet to have. smart, great player, storng, fast, smart, played in a pro style d. (eric berry is a ho if we draft him i will burn one of his jerseys every season hes on the team if you make a music video abou winning the heismen then you are a HO!!!!!)

6. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

You can think what you want. It doesn't change the fact that Terrence Cody is not what Jim Washburn is looking for. He looks for athletic gap penetrators that can get up the field as well as play the run....he basically wants DEs that have spent a little too much time in the buffet line. Cody just isn't quick/athletic enough.

Sure, he could play in a 4-3, but he's too one dimensional. He's a hell of a run-stuffer, but that's it. He's never had a sack, and has just a handful of TFL in his career.

He's a perfect fit for the 3-4 because he eats up blocks and allows the 'backers to roam free....that's what the 3-4 is set-up to do. That's why he's at Alabama right now. He's the perfect fit for what Saban is trying to do.

7. Raistmagic

Raistmagic Starter

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I'd love to have Cody. I do attend the UA after all:wink2:. I just don't think he fits.

You're totally right Ubiq. He's a complete run stopper. Not a single sack in his career. It doesn't help that Saban takes him out on 3rd down though. In his defense, he does see a lot of double teams that he may avoid in the NFL due to more overall talent.

Just as an example though, look at Glenn Dorsey playing in KC. That seems to be what happens to a 3-4 DT playing in a 4-3.

Hopefully, we can trade around and get a 2nd round pick to go after Javier.

8. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Yes he was. I still don't understand this forums fascination with Campbell. He's done NOTHING to show he can be a reliable starter.

9. onthemove

onthemove Guest

I admit I go to UA as well (one semester left), and while the FO was busy picking Mouton and McCourty for the corner spots, I've still been very high on the idea of Tennessee drafting Javier Arenas next year. Even though it may conflict with the idea of making a good QB selection, he's shown his whole career that he'd be a great 1st or early 2nd round pick.

Eddyc85, I respect your theory that we should seek pay dirt with an early first round QB, but that doesn't always work. (Leaf, Russell. Cutler, Leinart, Young, Shuler, Wuerffel if I'm not mistaken). Brady is the best example I can think of right away of a late pick turned superstar. Being drafted later can have its advantages.

So far, I'm open to seeing Clausen, Pike, or maybe Mallett under center. They are part of some solid offensive schemes that would work in the pros.

10. AH3

AH3 Rookie

Right on. Especially when the QBs in this draft all have some big question marks (in my opinion). I'd rather go with a safer pick who has a good likelihood of eventually becoming a pro-bowler, such as Berry (I go to UT:lol:) or Suh. Even getting a guy like Brandon Spikes (if we happen to get a mid 1st round pick) would be good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar