2009 vy time!!!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by nickmsmith, Jan 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Yeah right I could only imagine him with Gage and McCareins as his starters.:ha:

2. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Yeah, great Coaching decision:irked:

3. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

This thread is unbelievable.. All of a sudden VY is going to put his superman cape on in 2009 and take us to the promise land, i'll be back :guzzle:

4. JCarr31

JCarr31 Guest

I think Vince Young needs to start in 2009. We are giving him way too much dough to be sitting on the bench in his 4th season. We can't trade him right now, because of how shaky he was in his 2nd season and if we don't see where he is at and resign him to a big contract before giving him a chance to prove himself and he blows it then they are just setting the team back another 3 or 4 years.

5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Somebody can't take a hint... I WAS JOKING. The thread was a joke. I was hoping I wouldn't have to spell it out that way, but I was wrong. I thought calling him Jesus might have been some kind of indicator.

6. Amishboy

Amishboy Camp Fodder

Well to the defense of the post. I think Young should have come in when we kicked the game tying field goal on 4th and inches and run a QB sneak. That's the only thing coaching I would have liked to have seen different.

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

and what is wrong with not liking either one for next year? Keeping Collins just retards the growth of this team and Young is just a retard. Until preseason put me down for the "Sims is the Great White Hope" camp. I really don't know what to think about it all but I don't have to want mediocrity at the quarterback position.

ps- I wouldn't be a contradiction. If anything I would be consistent. Consistent in my unwillingness to ignore our zombie-like approach to the passing game.

8. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

My bad, theres been so many threads about getting rid of Collins its crazy, i just thought this was another one.

9. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

I think this team needs to make a decision on VY NOW. Not in August, not during next season. NOW. We are at a very critical point for this franchise, and like someone else mentioned above, we could potentially retard the growth of this team if we don't make a few key decisions. Good players want to win a Super Bowl. And, if this team doesn't express that same interest then you can consider them gone once their contract is up.

I'm not sure if he has any value in the open market, and I know many disagree with me, but I feel anything we can get for this guy is worth it. We will eventually have to cut him anyways imo. Even do a Pacman type trade where draft picks are contingent on VY's production with the new team because of his 'potential.'

I want the guy to succeed, I just don't think that he can here in Nashville. He needs a less structured atmosphere (Detroit), and I think he could thrive there. The Tennessee Titans QB needs to be a mistake free player and a good decision maker. That's why we did so well this year. Unfortunately, KFC is old so we have to address that in one way or another.

1. If VY is our guy HE NEEDS TO BE ON THE FIELD.
    2. If he's not, HE NEEDS TO BE GONE TODAY

In my perfect world, he would be gone, and we could:

1. Sign KFC to a 2-year deal, draft a young similar QB and have him learn from an intelligent passer/decision maker
    2. Cut all of them and sign a FA that can take advantage of our stout defense, and OL/running game and possibly build something magical. (McNabb *wetting myself thinking about him in a Titans uni*)

10. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

NO

VY time is NO MO'

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar