2009, first 6 to Make or Break us

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Jul 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Re-examing our 2009 schedule, these first 6 games are going to make or break our season;
    @Pittsburgh, Not easy, but Pitts has problems beating us. Add the revenge for the Terrible Towel stomping....

Texans, Once a 'Gimme', now we have to earn it. The South is STRONG and it accounts for 6 of our games.

@Jets, Will we ever learn to play against these guys?

@Jaguars, Not an easy one but, we should handle these guys early.

Colts, They are trying to reclaim the #1 spot that WE own. This game will be a knockdown-dragout-not-to-be-missed game.

@Patriots, I hate Brady but that will not factor into the outcome. Beating them in The Fox will be difficult. Taking Brady out of the game is the key, the same key we have been missing in the Peyton Manning games.

Four of the six games are away games. Yuck!
    First game vs. Steelers. Yuck! We are usually weak out of the gates.
    If my prediction is correct, Young would be our QB through some of these games.
    I won't think about our win-lose record against the first 6 until I can see our pre-season games. If we come through this part 6-0 or even 5-1 there will be no stopping us.

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Lest ye not forget The Titans once went 1-4 and made the AFC Championship

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. fitantitans

They are slow out of the gate. Hopefully they will not follow that trend this year. They can't afford to follow that trend.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

With CJ on board, we are the best the team in the NFL. We can strike from anywhere at anytime. We have a defense to back it up. Should be 6-0 in my opinion. Prior to CJ, I thought we were slightly overrated because we had no way to get TD's. But now, we are definately underrated and on the verge of the superbowl. Coming out of the gate we could be looking at 10 or 11 wins in a row.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I recall going 10-0 last year... so maybe it's time for a new trend.

6. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

i think we make the playoffs as long as the Jags dont show up and play this year.

Texans are understanding they have a offense that can beat anyone , i see them as a bigger challenge than the Colts.

Im not sure how the colts will do without their old coaches and Marvin. we will see.

7. TheWarriorTitan

TheWarriorTitan Camp Fodder

The Titans started off 10-0 last year...this is a new team, not your daddy's Titans.

I believe the year before that we even started off 6-2 as well? So we have been starting off better in recent years.

8. fitantitans

In deed, and I like the new trend.

9. fitantitans

I'm not too worried about the Jags. They don't like us but, I don't think they have anything to throw at us. I think we beat them twice this season.

They caught us off guard last year. Won't happen this year. It'll be a hard game for both teams. Better than the Colts? Not sure about that, we'll see.

The new coach has adopted a great team. Manning is still there along with much of their core players. I think the Colts will finish 1st or 2nd in the South.
    1. Titans
    2. Colts
    3. Texans
    4. Jaguars

10. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

Way to early for this. Sure i would love to be 6-0 by the end of Oct. but first and foremost I want this team to make it through training camp and preseason with no injuries. A healthy roster going into Pittsburgh is my biggest concern let alone what i think our record will be after week 6.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar