2008 Tennessee Titans Draft Analysis

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by goTitans.com, Apr 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

so we'll never ever get that #1 WR will we?

2. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

not likely, no

3. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

damn...doesnt look 2 good huh...i hope johnson is crazy...b/c i dont want to be entertin next season w/ lendale as our starter...he is just too slow. i hope this guy turns out to be the total package. as for the ohter picks..hmmm

im just thinkin bout the griff pik a yr ago..most didnt think that was a good pick either but can u hv that kind of luck w/ almost the whole draft

4. TitanTeam

TitanTeam Guest

T-Team hired as head scout for Titans

Im very I’m very serious I should be hired as the only scout for the titans. I guarantee we would when a championship in three years. These guys had months to scout out talent and we ended up with this. I’m sure some will say I’m wrong but I know I could have done a better job than this. The reason I say this is because in the past the titans have skip over guys I would have taken and those guys turned out to be very good players.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Great analysis.

All of us have to hope Chris Johnson has some gamebreaking plays this next season. He certainly has the speed. So let's see how he is used and what production he has. With Lendale White, Chris Henry, and Chris Johnson... this will be an interesting season running the football and catching out the backfield.

Other than that, as a Titans fan, I feel all I have to hope for is breakout year from a player on the current roster. The biggest hope lies in a few players. Vince Young to make an outstanding leap in passing accuracy, and to regain the running form of his rookie season. Albert Haynesworth to be equally dominant as last season, and with less down time. Bulluck to not lose a step, be all over the field and in on every tackle like usual. KVB to keep that motor going.

And we need some people to break out and have a probowl year. Griffin, Hope, Finnegan, Roydell Williams, Justin Gage, WHO? Brandon Jones... anyone.

And Crumpler, be a probowler again!

Rob Bironas continues his hall of fame career!

That's as optimistic as I can be, after a draft that reeks of reaches, and calls for heads to roll in general management and coaching if this year becomes a step backwards.

6. Smart***Titan

Smart***Titan Camp Fodder

This is one of those drafts that are very difficult for any of us to realistically grade. I pretty sure that very few of us have seen more than two or three of these guys play. Frankly, unless your a NFL scout who just happens to post on this forum (doubtful) or went to a really obscure school (possible), four of our seven picks are the most you could have possibly seen. I totally understand how most people feel, because I was right there with some of you guys when a couple of these picks popped up. On paper, this is not the most impressive draft, but really we won't know anything until we see these guys on the field.

Here's to hoping Hayes is the second coming of Reggie White...

PS... If it's any consolation... for all you Madden fans, we should at least have the fastest RB in the game next season...

7. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I agree. You have proven beyond a doubt that you are the right man for the job. Mr. Adams, I know you check this board. Please hire TitanTeam as a scout and fire all the other scouts. After that, order the championship rings.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

For my negative side,

I totally agree with you. I think I could have drafted a much more appealing draft class. I think many people that post here could.

Actually, I think you could randomly take people off the street, whether they have football knowledge or not, show them a list of the top projected players in each position, and a majority would do as good or better in this draft.

It's very disappointing. But at least we already have some talent on this team and playoff experience.

A few unexpected players break out, and we might become the Giants of next year. Just gotta be hot near the end of the season and ride it through the playoffs.

9. sirjesse

sirjesse Starter

B minus....the only pick that blew me out of the water was Hayes, and that is less than I could say most Floyd R drafts

10. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

http://www.databasefootball.com/draft/draftteam.htm?tm=TEN&lg=NFL

we seem to be getting progressively worse at drafting. Yes, we hit on a couple of good ones here and there, but most turned out to be busts and/or are no longer with the team....

we have to do something to get better drafts. I don't know what measures need to be taken, but something has to be done about this. The history of this franchise depends ultimately on the draft....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar