2008 NFL Free Agents

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GLinks, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Well, I thought since there was some discussion of being next year's largest under-the-cap team, it would be helpful to post a quick link to next year's free agents as well. This should give us all something to prematurely drool over, considering the season isn't over yet. Though, I'll confess, I was able to resist letting my thoughts wander into the summer for 3 days until I figured, "Ah, it couldn't hurt." With that, here's this:

http://footballsfuture.com/freeagents.html

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

On OL, I could go for either Alan Faneca or Max Starks, for various reasons. I would especially be interested in Starks as either a direct or indirect replacement for Olson (you can then debate who between Stewart and Starks should play guard and tackle).

3. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

Not seeing any names at WR to get to excited about... Moss is going to retire in New England. Berrian? ummm no thanks. Crayton i guess would be worth a look.

4. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

I agree on Berrian. Although he is definitely better than our current crop he's no one to break the bank over.

5. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Devery Henderson, UFA, New Orleans Saints
    Justin Gage UFA Tennessee Titans
    Patrick Crayton, UFA, Dallas Cowboys
    Bernard Berrian, UFA, Chicago Bears

Gimmie Them

6. DJB

DJB Starter

Berrian possibly could be be a deep threat for the Titans. I wonder whar Gages relationship is with him and if he could sway Bernard to sign in Tennessee

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Upon further review, Berrian is the one I would go after. I don't think we need a guy to be a number one producer so much as we need a guy to be a number one threat. Our current guys are covered like wet blankets most of the time. If it was the best we could do, I think it would at least be a step forward. I would do this, myself - keep:

Justin Gage
    Roydell Williams
    Paul Williams
    Mike Williams - try at TE if Troupe is gone
    Biren Ealy, maybe
    Chris Davis, maybe
    add Bernard Berrian

Then you can easily cut someone, move a Mike Williams to TE, if he even lasts until and through camp, should someone better, like a Chad Johnson, come along.

8. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I'm feeling like Brandon Jones and Eric Moulds won't be around. Not sure if Bryant Johnson or DJ Hackett are any more worthwhile than Berrian, but Berrian has the speed. Bryant Johnson I might actually go after 2nd, but we really need the speed at the position.

I think Dallas will retain Patrick Crayton.

9. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

FWIW, the WR I'd love to acquire would be Brandon Marshall.

10. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I don't see Berriman as a threat. We either have to trade or draft the WR position. The money tho could be spent in many other areas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar