2007 Tennessee Titans Predictions...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titansfan9, Aug 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

That's about what I'm thinking... I'm expecting to at least split with each team in our division again - so there is 3 wins, possibly 4 if we sweep the Texans again. Then these games are very winnable: ATL, TB, OAK, KC (KC tends to fade in Dec). So there is 6-8 wins. If we can squeeze another W or 2 from the rest of the games (CAR, CIN, SD, NO, DEN, NYJ) then we'll be alright. CIN can easily struggle this year, and I think SD might have more trouble than expected with the coaching change. NO defense is still suspect, and DEN has had a pretty rough offseason (not FA-wise) and Cutler, like Young, will still struggle at times. You never know what to expect from CAR, but we tend to play them well.

So yea, 8-8 if we play poorly in a few games we should win, but show up in a few games we shouldn't... Only way I see us below .500 is if injuries pile up, which is possible. If we start strong in JAX, and can carry that through the bye to be 2-1 at least, then we could be looking 10-6 or 11-5 in a cinderella season. Starting on the road in JAX is going to be tough for a young team, though.

2. DannyPitts

DannyPitts "Put a Sock in It" champ

ill say 9-7 or maybe even 8-8 realistically. i dont think we've upgraded since last year as a whole. we may have even gotten worse, but from what i saw at training camp, we're looking good. but who knows.

3. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

Thank you captain obvious...i beilieve we will have a "good year" at 9-7..:)

4. ONUV

ONUV Starter

what have the titans done to make be think positively? i'm just giving my realistic prediction.

5. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

This team right now is far ahead of last years. VY has a season under his belt (which is huge), and most of the usual suspects are back on offense. We have an intact offensive line that produced very well last year. We have some very good weapons, and if just a few guys will step up...like Lendale and Troupe, we could be very good. On defense we really didn't lose anyone except Pac, which is going to hurt, but we have loaded up camp with DB's, and are in better shape there than at any time I can remember. If Lowry and Finnegan step up, and we get some decent MLB play, we might just be a lot better than most think. Think back to last year at this time, and how messed up things were. We are finally a team again, and Fisher can start tweaking it. Even if we go 8-8 again, we are building something that will last a while, and only get better. We have the 4th toughest scedule in the NFL, or I would be more optimistic.

6. ONUV

ONUV Starter

link?

the defense was the worst in the nfl wasnt it?

7. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

You need a link to know who is on our team? Try VY, Hall, Troupe, Scaife, Moulds, Roby, Williams, White, Brown and Henry for starters. VY has admitted things are much easier for him now, as far as reading defenses. There is usually a large leap from the rookie season. While we may not dominate, we will at least be competitive.

As far as defense, we held the Colts, one of the most productive teams in the NFL to far below their average point total. It wasn't all the problem of the defense last year. Time of Possession, ball control, etc. will all contribute to making a defense look better. We have replaced Sirmon, and drafted a good looking CB/Safety in Griffin. I still expect a move to obtain a RDE, which should shore things up. Finnegan and Lowry have a season behind them also. I am simply saying that last year we managed some wins, and we weren't even close to being the team we are right now.

8. ONUV

ONUV Starter

hall is a fb
    moulds is well past his prime
    roby and williams haven't done ****
    lendale white hasn't done ****
    we all know about chris brown. no other nfl team wanted him. he can't last an entire season
    chris henry didn't do **** in college and hasn't done anything to be called a weapon

i think most people are optimistic because they're just excited because football is back. nothing during the offseason should make any level headed person feel optimistic.

9. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

Or it could be because pretty much everyone on this board is an uber-homer.

I see 8-8 at best. 6-10 is the most likely.

10. ONUV

ONUV Starter

i was giving them the benefit of the doubt :ha:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar