2007 NFL Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 28, 2007.

?
  1. It was Solid

5 vote(s)
    21.7%
  2. It Sucked

9 vote(s)
    39.1%
  3. It Was Ok

9 vote(s)
    39.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The Jags need a QB. Maybe they take Quinn.

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Cincy takes Hall for sure..

3. Sannyasin

Sannyasin Guest

Trade down with Cleveland... Please...

Alan Branch intrigues me, but really....

Get Cleveland's first next year, their early second this year, and something early second day from Cleveland for our first rounder.

We could get a front line WR at the beginning of the second (Cleveland's pick this year)... Sidney Rice or Jarrett. Then we'll likely have 2 top 15 picks next year to round out a super bowl contender (without Pac we aren't going to do that well, and Cleveland's pick will be high too).

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Was just listening to Fox Radio outside and they said the Chargers and Titans are talking. Stay tuned.

6. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Official Titans Draft Discussion Thread

Im not that dissapointed, I think people have definately overreacted given some things that have happened

LW and Crhis Henry will split carries, I see one eventually getting a 2 to 1 carry ratio on the other bc one will prove more dominant, but they will both be solid

For the secondary, no more problems at saftey, Hope and Griffin will be sure locks to make the play when they need to
    Harper I am not concerned about bc he was a superbowl champ and now knows what needs to be done to be successful, as for the corner opposite him, its either Finnegan or Hill, yes, I said Finnegan, he can run in a cover 2 fairly well

Linebackers Tulluch, Bulluck, Thornton, no problems there

D Line, KVB can eat double teams, if we can find a DE opposite to get decent penetration, Haynesworth and th eother interior lineman will be able to help get a real push

For Wrs Jones, Williams and Roby will have to step up until Givens is back bc once hes back and healthy, hes a solid #1 on alot of teams, so Im not to worried about his production

Listen, its gonna take time for things to pan out, but Im pretty sure they will

7. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I think a lot of people are disapointed, frustrated, and basically bewildered that some of the prospects they wanted or expected be taken, weren't.

Michael Griffin was a smart pick. This guy sounds like a solid stud at safety, one who can play both spots and also offer play in the nickel. He seems like a leader on the field. He is obviously extremely athletic, with good coverage skills. And his tackling and hitting ability look superb from what I've seen. I like the pick.

Chris Henry I think has confused every Titan fan, including myself initially. Here's a player that has a lot of athleticism, very fast, very strong. And yet, his statistics in college are very discouraging. After actually reading into this, and not simply throwing my hands in the air in hysterics, it seems more encouraging. Of what Sherman and Fisher have said about this guy, I'm actually a bit excited and intrigued on what he can bring.

Paul Williams seems to be the biggest project of the three. He has great size, great athleticism, but lacks some sort of ability to be a commanding receiver at the college level. Looking at his highlights, he has a lot of potential, so we'll see where that goes.

Overall, this has been easily the most intriguing first day I've ever seen as a Titans fan. And I'm excited, because I don't feel like I should be a pessimist about not having a firm grasp on who we drafted. Because none of us do. How many of us were ecstatic about taking Woolfolk? Or thought Tyrone Calico and Antwan Odom were great value picks? I know I did.

The point is, none of us should waste our time hating life because we don't "get" who was selected. The truth is, none of us really know how these guys will pan out. All we can do is sit back, watch, and maybe enjoy the process a little more.

8. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

The only thing that dissapointed me was not getting Dwayne Jarrett, I really, really wanted this guy, hes the next T.O. IMO, i was hoping wed trade up to get him in teh 2nd, but o well

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Basically, nothing has changed from Reese. The Titans drafted potential instead of proven football players.

10. dgood

dgood Guest

After Day One: Ideas/Comments on Turner

Well, its after the first three rounds now. We drafted a HB whom I think can start for us in a year or two. But I still think we are without our back for this season. I havent seen Turner being moved at all. Could it be the Titans are trading next years picks for Turner to start for us? Any comments, ideas, news, etc?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar