2006 Titans WRs

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Feb 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

People think I'm crazy and don't know what I'm talking about but I think you are right about T.O. Sure, he's a mess, but I think you've got something here. I'm not sure about Fisher being able to handle T.O. though... He's smart enough to stay away from him however. T.O. will be a monster for Denver if that is where he goes. But still :crazy:

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Why do you say that? He has.

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I guess thats the whole point. He isn't near worth the money. I would bet our 3 rookies could have put up those kind of numbers if they were the #2 WR and played a full season without injury at Pitt and there is no question IMO that Randle El is not better than Bennett. Cedric Wilson put up almost as good of stats for Pitt last year.

4. Ragevsuall

Ragevsuall Guest

Moulds will also probably be available. He's older now, so he won't be too expensive. But he'll probably still be too expensive for us to have the luxury of signing him.

5. maximus

maximus Starter

Also realize that Hines Ward across from him hurt Randle Els stats. If Randle El was a #1(which I dont think he is), he would get a lot more looks. Randle El has electrifing talent and I would love to have him because I believe he would be an upgrade to Bennett at the #1 WR.
    Randle El in a Titans uniform is highly unlikely because Reese and Co. seem happy with the current WR(Bennett, Calico, Jones, Williams, and Roby). The only addition to the WR that could happen is a cheap veteran (KVB type)

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Ward hurt his stats? C'mon. If anything, it helped take a lot of the opposing defense's attention off him.

7. maximus

maximus Starter

Good point.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Randel El is Roby with a better throwing arm and a couple of more years of experience. Unless we can get a guy atleast the quality of Bennett I don't see us upgrading by signing another WR. We have holes at S, OL and LB and really need a #2 RB if Henry doesn't come back and need more depth at CB.

9. THE53

THE53 Guest

yes, he did that last year, and you could tell he was tired...

10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Possible vets I'd look at (these aren't the most ideal picks):

Peter Warrick, if he shakes loose.

Koren Robinson. Has the dropsies, and not the most character-based guy historically, but he showed some improvement in Cincinnati, like he wanted to get it right.

Nate Burleson is a RFA, but coming off a major injury.

Antonio Bryant would probably be the safest bet I can think of.

I wouldn't be that suprised if we took Chad Jackson in the 2nd, if he fell that far - mainly because I just said it.

The ideal scenario would be have Calico step up so he and Bennett can hold down the ones and twos, and I like Roydell to step in as the third. To me, he has a veteran mind already. I think he passes Roby, who gets situational playing time with his speed, but R Williams has the moves. If Jones is PUP'd, I expect to see a lot more of RW.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar