2006 Titans WRs

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Feb 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PragIdealist

PragIdealist Guest

Then do you still see us with a need for someone to stretch the defenses or a playmaking wr? Or are you thinking that Titans staff think that we have players that can do that now? Do you think the Titans are looking harder at moss and jackson and these guys than others think?
    It wouldn't surprise me. Saying they want to add some speed on defense and talk about how good the lb group is this year and then draft a WR. :ha:

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I don't think we'll draft a WR unless they really fall into our lap and we get them lower than their value. Personally, I'd be fine with another solid receiver, not necessarily a number 1. Givens, maybe, not sure who else...

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Just looked at the list. I'd also love McCardell, but he'll probably be WAY too expensive. I've been a Jurevicius fan for a little while now, but I think he got enough publicity at the end of the year that he'll get paid pretty well too...

I don't think we need a "solid #1" though, I think we can just add one more solid player and let our youngsters develop...

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The problem I see right now is that we do need a "solid #1" more than anything. We have a bunch of #2, #3 type guys already. Hopefully one of the guys on this team can develop into a #1 but the one guy who looked like the most likely candidate, Jones is being slowed this year by injury. Calico could still be the kind of guy who could stretch the field but he has a long way to go to be a true #1.
    If you look at Seattle you can have some hope. They really didn't have a great #1 WR but had enough talent across the board to be effective enough to get to the SB. I see us more in that mold with a guy like Troupe helping to stretch the field as well.

5. titan west

titan west Guest

just watch Calicos gonna come right out of the box and light it up.:greedy:

6. THE53

THE53 Guest

I think we should strongly go after Randle El. He showed his versatility all last season, and would be a great sparkplug for our offense. He could also take either punt or kick returns from Pacman cus Pacman will be tired if he does both return duties and a full time cover corner. Yet, he may be too much money at this point.

Then, there are also Brandon Lloyd and Kevin, although both are restricted free agents. Lloyd showed some incredible grabs last year, and he could be a real good wide reciever with a steady quarterback. Kevin Curits will probably be going nowhere with Bruce aging, but i would love him to be a titan. He has absolute blazing speed, and i think he will have a great year this year.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Uncle...

What difference is there between mcnair and mcnabb? Mcnabb has not earned his stripes? He's been to 5 pro bowls!

As far as fisher not taking the crap that TO might dish out that is true. But while the eagles let things get out of hand they did ultimately send the guy packing.

TO is good for a team for one year. He comes in and does a good job for one year before his cancer starts spreading thoughout the team. Any team in the cusp of a super bowl that can use a player like that to get them over the hump might sign him but i dont want that jerk anywhere near our young QB.

Get real!

He can go to your fav team the broncos with your hippie boy QB. Nice fit..

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Randle El is not an upgrade to what we have already. About the only thing he adds as a WR is he can throw an occasional WR pass. He had a whopping 35 catches last year for 558 yards and 1 TD. If we were still desperate for a return guy he might be worth looking at but he is still only a #3 WR IMO.

9. My personal choice from fee agency is Brandon Lloyd, however, I really like our younger group of receivers, Brandon Jones, Roydell Williams. I think we don't need to splash out on a playmaker at the moment although I do like Koren Robinson

10. maximus

maximus Starter

It doesnt hurt that Big Ben is not known as a elite passing QB and that Pittsburgs offense is run based. Having Hines Ward across from him, hurts his stats too. That said, Im not sold persuing Randle El, even though I believe he would be an upgrade to what we have already, because our cap money could be used much better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar