2006 Titans WRs

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Feb 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titansfan13

titansfan13 Guest

i read somewhere..i think footballsfuture.com that we could be intrested in antonio bryant for cleveland.

2. I would assume they will, which would open up a lot of playing time for a vet early on.

3. T.O. can only rattle QBs that have a hurt or fragile psyche (not McNair),
    or just haven't earned all their stripes yet (not McNair). Steve is strong and has definitely earned his stripes. Also, Andy Reid is on the weak side. Fisher is too strong too let garbage like that go on. T.O. needs people who will kick him in his chops. Looks like he is going to Denver. Jake doesn't have a weak psyche, but he is hurt on the earning stripes thing. He still hasn't won the big game or next biggest as in AFC Championship. Shanahan will bust T.O. in his chops off camera. Maybe not physically, but his demeanor will break T.O. down and the press part.... Shanahan won't have that. Besides, he has no more rope (T.O.). He cannot give up another 200,000 a game. He will be a good boy this year and production will be there for somebody. He is a Mason + a whole lot more and could help the Titans greatly. Mike Tyson is insane.... T.O. is not.... A good little T.O. will go to the pro bowl this coming season and some team will have reaped those benefits.

4. PragIdealist

PragIdealist Guest

We also got a Wade off waivers. Where does he factor in? Or does he?

I would love for us to get a guy like S. Moss in the draft, but its almst a guilty pleasure pick. We could use a playmaker like him in our reciever core, especially since Chow likes YACs, but 1) we heavily addressed wrs in the draft last year 2) we have a young group now that needs some veteran leadership, 3) we have more pressing needs. So as much as I like both Moss and C. Jackson in the draft, I think we will probably address any need there through a small free agent pick up. Though I have no idea who and probably wouldnt be able to guess it if I did. Who here said we should have gotten KVB? I doubt we get a big name guy like Reggie or TO.

We seriously need someone to stretch defense though whether thats Calico, Roby, Williams, Wade (I dont think thats his forte), S. Moss, or some unknown free agent. I doubt we go into the season without that need addressed somehow in the minds of the coaches.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

when was our last offense FA signee that actually paid-off?

6. PragIdealist

PragIdealist Guest

:)) Chow?

(Yeah thats debatable. I just thought it was a bit funny.)

7. maximus

maximus Starter

Umm, some might said False Start Fred paid off, but I think he only paid off opposing defenses.

8. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

of course

Of course that would be ¡Gary Anderson!

¿Agree?

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Special Teams.

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I don't see too many WR FA we can afford that would help us greatly. We would be looking at a guy who is at best a #2 or worse. IMO that type of guy could have helped us more last year but this year the rookies will have another year behind them and Calico will be one year removed from his injury. We don't need another body that isn't an upgrade, we need someone who can actually be a #1 and I can't see us finding the $$ to sign a guy like Wayne.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar