2006 Compensatory picks

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Riverman, Feb 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I know that the compensatory picks are established at the owners' meeting but I don't know when this occurs. I think it is supposed to happen in the next few weeks.

Can somebody clarify exactly what players (RFA, UFA) we will get compensated for with our purge last season and estimate what round our picks will be?

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

From an NFL article:

"Under terms of the NFL Collective Bargaining Agreement, a team losing more or better compensatory free agents than it acquires in a year is eligible to receive compensatory draft picks.

The number of picks a team receives equals the net loss of compensatory free agents up to a maximum of four. The 32 compensatory choices announced will supplement the 229 choices in the regular seven rounds of the 2002 NFL Draft. This year, the compensatory picks will be positioned within the third through seventh rounds based on the value of the compensatory free agents lost.

Compensatory free agents are determined by a formula based on salary, playing time and postseason honors. The formula was developed by the NFL Management Council. Not every free agent lost or signed by a club is covered by this formula."

The picks are usually announced in early April. You are compensated for UFAs, not RFAs. The only player I think the Titans will get compensation for is Andre Dyson and it could be as high as a fifth-round pick.

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Thanks. I was hoping for more but it is what it is.

4. danny

danny Guest

The Titans may get something a little more than anticipated for Andre Dyson considering his contributions to a team that made it to the Super Bowl...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar