#2 Wr

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Playmaker, Sep 2, 2007.

?

Who should be #2 WR?

Poll closed Sep 13, 2007.
  1. R. Williams

20 vote(s)
    60.6%
  2. E. Moulds

13 vote(s)
    39.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I really shouldn't say Moulds will sink that much, because he's the only one, except maybe Gage, who has gone a full season injury-free. And I think we'll need Moulds late in the season, especially if we reach the playoffs.

2. Bababooey

Bababooey Guest

I think Dropping Gage for Caldwell would be smart. Gage has showed less that Caldwell and he hasn't even been at the Titan facility yet. :grrhee:

Davis is too young to make an impact. He'll go the way of Roby in 2009 if his PR/KR play declines.

Ealy will make it to the top before Davis does. Everyone is searching for a new Colston now. He'll get better chances than Davis.

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I think Davis's return skills will decline, but by then he'll be an excellent NFL receiver. I think Ealy will shine as well, with Jones and Williams trying to hold them off. We'll see what happens, but these 4 could be our core at the position heading into next season.

Gage will have to work himself into another contract. Paul Williams had better make the most of his opportunity.

Gage v Caldwell: which one knows our playbook? There's enough reason at this point to not consider Caldwell. Plus, he'd end up on the non-football related injury list. Bulluck will have no connection whatsoever to the incident, but will give a knowing look to the defensive players every once in a while.

I'll take my chances with Gage, and the roster we have.

I would have taken on Moss, but since they've cut Gage and have 5 WRs, I don't see that as a possibility. They kept Jabar Gaffney over Caldwell, after all. Come on.

And finally, again, Caldwell let them down when they needed him most -- the AFC Championship game. I don't know about anyone else, but I've had quite enough of that.

4. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Actually, my choice would be Andre Johnson 1st, than prob...wanna say Wayne b/c he is a better "character" guy, but Chad would be 2 hard to pass on....so i'd take the johnson combo.

Andre does just as much as the two....except for the fact that he plays on a team w/ a crappy QB, crappy Running game, crappy OL, and really no help from any WR or TE...than u look @ the colts and Bengals O......and ya start to wonder......

EXACTLY HOW GOOD IS ANDRE JOHNSON?????!!!!

...and to stay on point: Jones, Moulds, Ro Williams

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i don't see how chad is a worse "character" guy than reggie wayne....

6. Bababooey

Bababooey Guest

considering he refers to himself in third person and that name still isn't his own [ocho cinco] he isn't ALL up there. but he calls himself 8-5 anyway [ochenta cinco = 85.]

7. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

well....kinda yes...but i feel that b4 chad retires he will get into a big mix up. but also than again he is on pretty much a team of cons and still has yet to do nything too bad......

8. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Maybe, but Davis' big upside is that he is a very good route runner - something we really haven't had, and it's a skill that often separates talented college WRs from the big boys in the pros. Davis is in a good spot to make a big impact this year - really it's him and Moulds in the slot... and Davis is faster and appears to have the moves to turn a short pass into a big gain. I wouldn't be surprised to see Davis starting in place of Moulds by the end of the year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar